𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Start from the beginning

You hesitated for a moment before answering. "Yes, twice actually, the first was when I was up against the uppermoon Hirokai, and the second was my last fight."

She nodded. "And what we're you feeling before you remember experiencing this?"

"Well, I remember that I felt really... angry. I was angry with what they did to others and people I care about."

"There you go." Takashi came in, pointing at you. "That is what seems to trigger your blessing. Emotions that run deeper are able to make your body more tolerable with your breathing forms. I can't really say anymore because the Galactic Breathers nowadays, we don't fully understand why exactly it happens."

"Is that why you treated me the way you did?" You asked.

"Yes." He said bluntly. Now you understood why he talked and treated you how he did the first night you came here.

"So, what's the catch that I'm missing here?" You asked.

Ayame and Takashi exchanged looked with one another before he spoke up.

"Since your blessing grows from anger, the emotion can over come you. With whatever you're angry about, say a demon and you want to destroy it, you won't stop in trying to kill it, which is why this power is also very dangerous. The longer you use your blessing, the more prone you are to losing yourself to that emotion. You care less about what happens to you than with other people. Some Galactic breathers can even lose limbs and still go on fighting, that is, the power could then only stop when they're dead if they can't control themselves." He explained.

"It's almost like your emotion is a demon inside you." Ayame added.

That makes a lot more sense.

"Still, to this day, it is unclear on how this power has first come to the breathers."

That was a lot of information to process. Especially for one sitting, but it did make a lot more sense now. At least you knew now why Takashi was acting like a jackass towards you.

But somehow, it was almost like he knew exactly which emotion it was to cause your power to grow, but wouldn't it commonly be anger to enhance your power?

"How did you know I have this power?"

"The stars tell us."

"The stars? Like, telling the future or something?"

"Indeed."

Your head hurt even more at this. Physically and mentally did it hurt. The information just kept on piling up like crazy.

"Here, take this." Ayame reached over and grabbed a small pot and poured a hot liquid into a hand-carved, wooden cup. She handed you the drunk carefully. "It's tea to help with your pain. There's a special antidote inside."

You took home of the tea and thanked her. You then pressed the cup to your lips and carefully sipped on the tea, it was so good it was like you hadn't had it in months, not tea this good anyways. Loads of flavors danced on your tongue, making your stomach do flips. You had already begun to feel better. You sighed happily, and it was enough to let Ayame know how good the tea was.

"It's recipe I've worked on in the past years for the best tea, and I think I've mastered it after five hundred years."

"Yes, best tea I've ever had."

It was then that the door had slammed open, causing you to jump, the others just snapped their head around to see one of the members of the Galactic Breathers barging in and panting heavily.

"Sir!" The man shouted, coughing and trying to get as much air as possible.

"What is it?" Takashi asked with a tone of concern; which you were gonna have to get used to someday.