•6•

~ ~

"darling~! we have guests over! could you come out and help me with dinner please?"

a lock clicking resounded through the mostly empty room, a pre-teen rising from the desk chair they had resided in.

"of course, mother! one moment, please!"

they responded to their mother, who was surely waiting impatiently behind the closed door.

silver slipped on their house shoes and tied their long black hair up with a pristine white ribbon before finally opening the door, seeing exactly who they had expected.

"hurry up! these are very important business partners, and if i lose this deal because of you i will be extremely upset! let's go."

the statement was harshly whispered into their ear as they were gripped tightly by the shoulder and led into the kitchen.

the outfit they wore was essentially their school uniform except in monochrome instead of a deep navy; the white collared shirt underneath the argile patterned vest they wore complimented the pleated skirt that clung to their waist, the look being finished off with some fleece lined tights and shiny new mary janes partially covered by their white leg warmers. it had been getting colder recently.

under better circumstances, they would have loved the cute yet simple outfit, but after wearing practically the exact same thing for years on end, they began to despise it more and more.

with their back straightened and a tight smile carved into their thin lips, they finally entered the dining area.

"this is my daughter, madilyn! she goes to the same academy as your daughter, sir."

their eyes grazed across the unfamiliar people sitting at the table, the mother and father seeming to look the exact same as the other guests your mother has introduced them to.

the one who caught silver's hazel eyes, however, was a girl in a lovely pink dress.

her hair, similarly to theirs, had been tied up with bows, although into pigtails. her brown hair complimented her lightly tanned skin and green eyes, framing her face in practically the perfect way.

their eyes must have lingered on the girl much too long, as she shyly waved at them from her seat.

their smile softened slightly as they awkwardly waved back, cheeks warming at the acknowledgement.

"so, madilyn, what courses are you taking at the academy?"

they blinked at the mention of their name before meeting the eyes of the father, trying to consistently hold eye contact throughout their answer.

"im taking mostly business-centered classes, sir, although im also dabbling in a few pokémon-health related ones as well."

these classes werent at all the ones they had wanted, and instead were picked by their parents. they had always leaned more towards the artistic classes rather than the more 'practical' ones their parents had insisted on.

"ah, a well rounded schedule! you should convince my dear shauna to take those as well. she insists on being a pokémon performer although that isn't at all a lucritive take in life whatsoever, and can be extremely competitive. i'd much rather she became a trainer or something similar."

"madilyn is actually working to become a professional trainer! would you show them your pokémon, darling?"

their mother's voice was sickly sweet asking the question, and silver nodded before releasing the two pokémon attached to their belt holster and calling for the eevee that had been sleeping in their room.