•2•

"altaria, use dragon dance!"

silver was training their pokémon once more, this time putting their two strongest pokémon up against eachother.

espeon and altaria.

espeon even with her slightly weaker moves, greatly out leveled altaria. but, altaria had a wider move set which was very powerful. the battle could really go either way, and it excited them to test out new strategies.

"espeon, use swift and then psybeam!"

the battle had been going on for a good while now, and their pokémon were getting worn out. obviously, if they ever got too tired, all they had to do was signal silver and they would end the battle. they would never want to push their pokémon too far.

but, finally, the battle ended.

a strike from espeon, and altaria fell. once espeon had him pinned for more than five seconds, the battle was over.

"great job you two!! i'm so proud of the progress we've made today."

the two pokémon sat on the sand next to each other, breathing heavily. they did their own cute version of a high five, which silver awed at.

"alright, who's hungry?"

their whole team sent out their own little calls, and silver gave a soft chuckle. they turned to search their bag for pokébeans, before hearing clapping.

they jumped and swiftly turned back around, only to immediately smile in relief.

"GLADION!!"

they ran to him and embraced him in a tight hug before letting go.

"what are you doing back here so soon glads? i thought you were on a mission for guzma?"

"i finished it early, so i decided to come back home."

they saw him give them a slight smile, and knew that he really just wanted to come see his totally cool and amazing older sibling.

"come on, i was just about to make a snack!"

"do you want me to help?"

they shook their head slightly, "nope! i've got it."

gladion followed them inside, glancing at their pokémon to see they had already dug into their bag and taken out some pokébeans to eat. they seemed to be talking to eachother through bites, and he shook his head with a smile on his face.

they made their way into the kitchen, gladion following closely behind before sitting down in his usual spot at the table.

pulling out bread, meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomato, they began making sandwiches. one for them, and one for gladion. they made sure to add all his favorite fix-ins before placing the plate down in front of him.

"thanks, silver."

they hummed a reply before making their own, making sure to make the sandwich's ingredients evenly placed throughout the whole thing.

finally they sat down, right as their espeon came prancing in. the choker-like collar she wore was dark purple with spikes and a team skull sigil charm hanging off the front, similar to silver's own.

on the back it obviously had all of silver's information, just in case the small pokémon were to get lost.

how could she, though, when silver never left the base?

espeon sat at silver's feet, waiting to be allowed into their lap. they turned slightly in their chair, making room for her to hop up. she did so happily, and curled up to sleep.