Ch. 7: Home

totally didn't tape helpy to the ceiling

quick explanation: streber's dad works really far away and can hardly see his family so streber gets really happy when he can come over :] (pump and skid are 5 so they can't go out without someone)
————
streber's pov:

"where is he?" i wondered, tapping my foot. if we wanted a seat on the bus, y/n would need to show up soon. after a couple minutes i decided to give up and got on the bus. i pulled out my phone and texted y/n.

[batz !] hey, y/n, where are you? the buzzez are about to leave and i haven't zeen you.

after a few minutes i shut off my phone and looked outside the window. they probably got caught waiting in the bathroom and got sent home. after a while the bus screeched to a stop outside my bus stop. i thanked the bus driver and jumped off. i headed to my house and noticed my dad's car in the driveway. as soon as i saw it, i immediately brightened. i started shaking my hands in excitement and happiness. i ran into the house, excitement replacing my disappointment from y/n not being at school all day. i turned into the kitchen and saw a tall man wearing a suit and bowtie, with glossy, fancy black hair.

"DAD!" i screamed, running to give him a hug.

"streber!" i wrapped my arms around him. "how's my little bat?" he smiled, showing his pointed teeth.

"i'm great! i met two really cool dudes and now we're pretty much inseparable and their names are y/n and kevin and they're really cool and-"

"slow down, i haven't seen you in so long it's impossible for me to keep up when you're going this fast!"

i explained what's been happening over the past few months, and how school's been. while i was telling him what was going on he made something to drink. he sat down and handed me some. i took it and sipped it, just happy dad was here, "how long are you staying?"

"two weeks at most, one at the least"

"YES!" i threw my hands up, while my dad just smiled at me. "dad dad dad can we watch a movie?" i was acting like a little kid, but i don't care, my dad was home! he nodded in response, and let me go and make popcorn. after the movie, we played a few board games, then finally went to bed. i checked my phone and saw a notification from kevin:

[kevin_kandy] have you heard from y/n?

[batz !] no, i texted them when i got on the buz and he hazn't rezponded. i got a little diztracted zince my dad got home from hiz really far away job, zorry-

[kevin_kandy] its fine, i'll text them again, it's late so try and head to bed. glad your dad is home from work tho /gen

[batz !] thank you :]

[kevin_kandy] ofc

i shut my phone off and set it on my nightstand, and drifted off to sleep.

pov change
————
kevin's pov (starting at the end of the day)

i walked to my house, stopping for a quick snack at the cafe before heading home. i dropped my bag onto the table, not bothering to say i'm home knowing skid would come screaming at me. i quietly tried to head to my room without being noticed when i heard a loud "KEVIN!" from skid's room. i sighed and accepted my fate as skid ran at me and hugged my legs.

"hey there, ski" we've been calling skid ski for the past couple of day because i accidentally called him ski when a skiing ad was playing on tv. "is pump here?"

"nope! i'm waiting for mom to get home!" skid let go of my legs.

"we could both head to pump's, and i could write a note to her telling her where we are so she's not worried. i'm sure she won't be mad." i suggested to skid, and he nodded his head excitedly.

i quickly wrote the note to lila, putting it on the table, and we left for pump's. when we got there, skid immediately went to pump's room to draw and play games. i chatted for a bit with susie, then saw a flash of orange and white run out the door in the corner of my eye. "shit- gotta go catch up with them i'll be back!" i ran out the door, quickly catching up to the two.

"kevin, can we go and get candy?" pump looked up at me.

"sure, i guess." the two friends let out a 'yippee!' of happiness and ran off, leaving me to catch up again. i sighed, taking off.

————
a/n
idrk what else to add so ending it here lol, next chapter will be what happened to y/n after ch 6
819 words