Ch. 2: Lunch

streber's pov:
i sat at the lunch table tapping my fingers on the table, waiting for y/n. he seemed pretty nice when i bumped into him in the hallway, and he didn't make fun of my pointed features. that was always a good sign. i was getting a little worried, he should've been here by now.

i lit up when i saw them walking towards me with a sketchbook and lunch tray in hand. he sat down and waved down another guy trying to find a spot.

"who's that?" i asked, confused.

"someone i met in second hour art, he's nice, i think you'll like him." y/n replied. he turned back towards me, "so, we should probably get to know each other more if we wanna be friends," he said as the kid he waved over sat down.

"probably a good idea, name's kevin by the way, you're in my first hour math class" the kid said. i was mesmerized by the amount of fluff his hair had.

i realized he was talking to me and snapped out of it, "streber! nice to meet you," i said, "but y/n's right, we gotta get to know each other more. now, hand over the pronouns so i don't misgender you two,"

"i use he/them," y/n said, "but i'm fine with just he/him or they/them."

"he/him," kevin said.

i nodded, registering he/them into my mind, "my pronouns can be kind of confusing, he/it/they/vamp are my main ones, but i've got a truckload more of xenos."

"i can see why you use vamp/vamps, mr. vampire lover," y/n teased slightly.

i shot them a fake death glare and moved on, "so, either of you, what's one of your interests?"

y/n smacked their hand onto the table, "five nights at freddy's and untitled goose game," he said as soon as he swallowed his food, "also horror in general,"

"fellow horror enjoyer i see?" i asked, y/n nodded in excitement.

"well, before y/n starts going on about the infinite five nights at freddy's lore, i'll just throw my interest in," kevin said, "i like vocaloid stuff, i guess."

"oooo!" y/n pulled their phone out to reveal their [favorite vocaloid (if you have one)] as their background, "wait that reminds me," he said as he opened the contacts app, "put your numbers in so we can chat outside of school!" i took their phone and put my number in, then handed it to kevin. he put his number in as well, then gave y/n their phone back. the three of us chatted until lunch ended, so we headed back to our lockers only to find we had the same fourth hour history.

————
a/n
[funny joke here]
463 words - a/n