000| 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

Start from the beginning

Maria, and Adelyn laughed at that.

You handed your mother a pair of socks before turning to Leo. You smiled. "I akpect, your apowogy." Your small mouth couldn't quite pronounce the words but your mother was glad you tried. "But next time. You can be It."

Leo's eyes widened."But-" A sharp glare from his mother cut him off. Leo's shoulders slumped. "Fine."

"Good," Maria patted her son's head. "Now why don't you go get some of your toys for you, and Y/n to play with."

With a grin you and Leo headed off to play with his toys.

~✵~

Holding your mother's hand tight, the two of you walked through the busy streets of Shiganshina on your way home. Your house was near the neighborhood market, which made shopping quite easy. The two of you leisurely strolled around stopping at several booths to look at their products. Occasionally you'd see something shiny and pull your mother away from a conversation just to look at it.

As you were pulling her towards a new shiny you saw, your mother accidentally bumped shoulders with a stranger.

"Hey! Watch where your walking!"

Your mother turned around an apologetic look on her face. "I apologize, my little one here is just in a hurry," she let out a nervous laugh.

The second the strange man saw your mother's face his rude scowl and flushed face full of anger turned into a disgusting smirk.

"Well, well, what do we have here? Aren't you a pretty thing," his eyes looked Adelyn up and down sickenly lingering on her chest.

You hid behind your mother's leg, the aura coming off this man scaring you. He was fat and ungroomed, to your child mind he resembled a pig. You didn't like the way he was looking at your mother.

The sad thing was, that's this had happened before, several times in fact. Men tended to approach your mother with disgusting thought when they found she wasn't married.

Your mother knew immediately what he was thinking, she was disgusted but she kept her kind smile on her face. "I apologize, I hope you have a good day, sir."

Still holding your hand the two of you turned away.

"Hey!" He quickly grabbed Adelyn's wrist with his grubby hands yanking her back. He smirked at your mother, his breathing heavy and his cheeks flushed.

"You dirtied my clothes, I think you're going to have to make that up to me," He licked his lips; greedy disgusting thoughts going through his mind.

An expression mixed with annoyance and panic appeared on your mother's face. "I apologize sir, but we really must go." She quickly dug for her coin purse and pulled out a few copper coins. She held them out for the man.

"This should be enough to pay for your clothes." She smiled at the man, but the kindness didn't reach her eyes. There way something else there, a twinkle of something that made the man shiver.

He scowled and grabbed the coins before storming off grumbling about how women these days don't know how to treat a man.

Adelyn let out a sigh of relief. She glanced down at you still clinging to her leg. "Let's go home," she smiled sweetly.

~✵~

Cutting your shopping time short the two of you made your way home quickly. You ate dinner, and soon it was time for your favorite part of the day. Story time.