𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"Well, the shooter ain't our guy, I can tell you that much. No businessman is gonna leave his investment for dead"

Max and Hank turn around to see a patrolman holding back an older, asian man.

"What's the problem?" Hank asks.

"He says his daughter might be inside"

"I need to make sure. Please" The man pleads.

"Sir, this is a crime scene.."

"It's okay, it's okay" Max says and Hank lifts up the crime scene tape and lets him through.

The older gentleman looks around for a second and he immediately breaks down and kneels next to one of the girls. "My daughter. It's Jun"

~~~

"Mr. Chen, we're so sorry for your loss. Please, we're trying to help you" Hank says and he puts his hand on Mr. Chen's shoulder, "Just tell us who you paid to bring Jun over here"

"And you're not gonna get into any trouble" Maxine says, "You know, we just want to know what happened"

"Yeah"

"I paid them thirty thousand to bring Jun over. I got a call last week that she was in the city. They wouldn't tell me where and they demanded another thirty and I didn't have it"

"Please, just tell us a name" Hank asks.

"Dennis Lee"

"The Dennis Lee? Used to run Chinatown?" Voight asks and Mr Chen nods his head.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine pours herself a cup of coffee and looks over to see mouse getting a drink from the fridge.

"I uh, heard that uh, Chinatown was a war zone this morning. You know I've been involved in more than a few skirmishes myself. Mickey even saved me a bunch of times. And bullets flying, there's...there's gotta be a million things going through your head"

"Yeah, it wasn't pretty" she said, taking a sip from her coffee mug.

"Yeah" mouse said before walking away.

"Hey. Can I have you look into somebody for me? Consider it extra credit"

"Yeah sure. Who's the uh, who's the target?"

"Olinsky's daughters boyfriend"

Mouse chuckles, "alright"

~~~

Jay rolls his chair over to his partner's desk, "hey, how you doin'?"

Max looks over at Jay and nods, "I'm good"

Al looks at one of the whiteboards with the victims on it, when Hank leaves his office, rolling over another whiteboard and taping a picture of Dennis Lee on it.

"Dennis Lee" Hank states, "He's been on CPD's most wanted fugitive list for over six years. He's wanted on more than fifty combined warrants, including firearms and human trafficking"