𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"It's two blocks away"

"Alright, what the hell. Let's do our good deed for the day" Al says, taking money out from his pocket.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine and Alvin roll up to the location and see the patrol officer standing out front waiting for them.

"You the one that called for a breach?" Max asks.

"Yeah. ComEd guy was replacing a meter around back. Called in a foul odor" the officer says.

"Alright" Max says, popping the trunk as she and Al get out a pair of bolt cutters so the patrol officer can cut through the chain and then he presses the button, causing the warehouse door to open.

"Ooh!" Max says, covering her nose.

"Whoa!" Al says.

"Yeah, that stinks to high heaven" The uni says as the three walk through, clearing out the warehouse as much as possible.

With their flashlights and guns drawn, Al and Max followed by the patrol officer walk into a room, which smells even worse than when they entered the building and they find six dead girls, chained up and Maxine's heart falls to her stomach.

"Kirby, 5021" Maxine says, over her walkie, "I have multiple DOA's on scene. Send the corner to 2122 west Carmack"

"Al," Max says, putting her walkie away, "Al, we got to check the rest of the building"

As Maxine and Alvin check out the rest of the building. Max walks into a rather large room and sees a bag of chinese food on a table and she touches it and it's still warm, so she finds the back door and with her gun still drawn, she clears the area and sees a guy in a blue leather jacket walking away from the building.

"Hey! Excuse me" Maxine shouts, "Chicago Police!"

The guy ignores Maxine and reaches into his car and pulls out an automatic and starts shooting as Max ducks behind a car.

"Please. Help me" A lady says, holding onto her bleeding leg.

Max starts shooting at the offender getting in front of the woman as the offender flees in his car. She then takes her belt off and wraps it around the woman's leg to keep pressure on it.

A few minutes later after Max calls it in, Burgess and Roman pull up and run over to the detective and the woman.

"Bishop...Max, are you okay?" Kim asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Find the car yet?"

"No, they've issued a city wide manhunt" Roman says.

"It's gonna be okay, miss, promise" Max says, to the injured woman.

~~~

"Figured the shooter was here to bring the girls food" Maxine tells Voight, "But he got here too late. The ME says the girls have been dead for at least two days"

"Anything on the shooter's vehicle?" Hank asks.

"No. Only got a partial plate. Waiting to hear back. Uh, landlord says he's been getting paid cashiers checks by a guy a year in advance"