15

ANI WAS SURE THAT MRS WALLACE WAS ABOUT TO MOVE OUT AT THIS POINT. Ada had, yet again, been ranting and shouting for about an hour. In this hour she had covered many subjects:
"You're too good for him"
"He's a cunt who will leave you alone and I will be left to pick up the pieces"
"What about our friendship?"
"What's the plan? Are you going to go and live with him in Small Heath?"
"Does Alfie know?"

Thomas had grown tired from his sister's constant questioning and he was pretty sure that he was about to drift off to sleep. He contemplated what Ada would do if he did in fact fall asleep. There was a possibility that she would actually shoot him. Maybe that would be less painful than this moment.

While he was contemplating murder, (his own murder) Ani was sat listening to Ada rant and rant about everything under the sun. Thomas could she that she was growing upset but thought that a little outburst would be good for her. She kept in most of her anger, (apart from the anger towards Thomas. She didn't have any problem showing that) however she never seemed to show her anger to Ada or her boss, Thomas pondered at why that could be.

"I mean you could have had literally anyone else Leilani" Ada spits "I've lost all respect for you. I used to think you were strong willed and wouldn't 'see' someone who would just tear you down. Because that's what he'll do! You are being so-"

Ani finally cuts across.

"Oh stop fucking blaming me Ada. So what I'm dating your brother. Get over it. Do you think that shouting your opinions at me will stop us? What's your problem with me? Like honestly, I want to know. Because all this time you have been shouting at me, like I'm a stupid teenager who was late for her curfew. There are two people here okay?" Ani lectures "And don't call me fucking Leilani" she finishes.

Ada doesn't say anything. She just sits there and takes it all in. Thomas quickly takes the chance for the couple to take their leave. Practically pleading with Ani to leave.

He puts his hand on the small of Ani's back and tries to navigate her towards the door.

---------------------

Something had been playing on Ani's mind, Thomas could tell that she was elsewhere as they walked down the street. The final indicator was that she didn't acknowledge Alfies men on the side of the road giving Thomas judgemental looks. That's something to worry about later.

To be clear, Tommy had gone to see Alfie. He thought that the death threat through the door was far enough, he had to go and see him, for Ani's sake. As soon as he walked into the warehouse Tommy was sure that Alfie had placed men everywhere to intimidate him. Causing the opposite affect on him, he just smirked as he saw the men staring at him.

As soon as he walked into Alfies office he was pushed against the door and punched in the face. Then he had a knife held to his throat.
"Stay away from her or I will kill you, you hear me?" Alfie threatened.
Thomas had to think about what to say at that moment. He couldn't lie to Alfie, he would know. But he didn't even know what was going on with himself and Ani. He could only tell Alfie how he felt.

"I'm not going to do that" he states coldly. Causing Alfie to push down on him harder.
"You hurt her. She told me. Anyone who hurts my family doesn't get a second chance" he spits at him.

His confidence only growing, Tommy snapped back.
"You hurt her too. She told me." He said slyly, using Alfies own words against him.
Alfie pushed him away when he said that, Tommy noticed the tears in his eyes threatening to fall. Not that he pointed them out.
"Neither of us are good enough for her"

------------

"What are you thinking about?" Ani asked noticing his silence. In all honesty, both of them had their reasons for not wanting to speak. They had a lot to think about. But Ani came to the conclusion that they should speak about this stuff.

"Your brother" Thomas answered, he said this blatantly and without hesitation. Ani had taken it the wrong way. It wasn't that Thomas was thinking about Anis brother, although he was, he meant that he had seen one of her brothers cross the street up ahead of them, now on course to them.

"What every girl wants to hear" Ani joked, making Thomas smile briefly, before returning to his original blank face.

"No, your brother is coming this way" Thomas pointed out to the brunette.

Who, by the way, made her quickly change her demeanor. Before she had been clinging onto Thomas's arm and looking up at him fondly. Now, she had detached herself from Thomas and looked straight ahead, pulling a cigarette packet out of her pocket and a lighter out of her bra. An act which Thomas saw as deeply arousing but he mustered up his strength to remain silent.

Vincent Solomons was marching angrily towards them and did not break eye contact with his sister, Thomas stepped in front of Ani, not knowing what he was doing.

"After everything that he did to our family you are still with him?!" He shouts down the street. Causing multiple passer-by's to turn around for a second and stare, before carrying on with their day.

"It's my life Vin, not yours. I love you and our family but you're just going to have to live with this" Ani stated calmly, but a low undertone of order in her voice. Taking a drag from her cigarette.

"Oh cer i grafu yr hwran budur. You know that we will never forgive you for this" (Oh fuck off you dirty whore) he shouted. Yet again showing the lack of control over the situation. Making Thomas smile briefly, how the hell did he manage to get this girl.

"Peidiwch ti a siarad I fi fel yna. Ti'n gwybod be dwi di mynd drwy, a mae Thomas yn deallt hynny, mae o'n deallt fi a dwi'n deallt fo. Felly, os rwyt ti'n derbyn hyn neu ddim, dwi'n mynd I aros gyda fo a gei di ddim stopio fi, Vincent" (don't talk to me like that. You know what I've gone through, and Thomas understands that, he understands me and I understand him. So, if you accept it or not I'm going to stay with him, and you can't stop me, Vincent) Ani snaps, trying her best not to raise her voice.

"Dyna fo! Dyna'r rheswm bod ni di cadw'r llythrenna gan ti. Byddat ti byth yn deallt ochr rhywyn arall" (there it is! That's the reason that we kept the letters from you. You will never understand someone else's side)

Thomas stays in front of Ani, despite her constant pushes, he knew that she didn't want to argue with her brother. He remembered her sisters tears when she argued with Thomas, then watched as her tears dried over time, how she grew tired of arguing and ended up blocking him out. Now they were all hurt. Ani didn't want that.

---
Authors note ❤️
Hey! I just want to say thank you for so many reads, it's crazy. I know that my writing isn't the best so I do appreciate any criticism (to a point 😂).

Elin <3