Chapter 34- Hints and Holes

Start from the beginning

I pull my own wand out and shove it up my sleeve- just in case- and I approach her slowly.

Without looking up she says, "Potter, just because you're fucking Draco now, that doesn't mean we're friends."

Her words sound too bitter to be coming from someone who I hardly know.

"Sorry Parkinson. I don't mean to disturb you. I was just wondering if you might be willing to do me a favor?"

She sighs with immense irritation and stands up. Her wand remains in her hand at her side. Ready and waiting.

Hermione and Ron must have sensed the change because they come stalking over.

"Now why on Earth would I want to help you Potter?"

I want her to perceive me as docile and calm so I simply shrug and offer a smile. "It's for mine and Draco's date."

She stares at me for a moment and then she looks at me like as if I'm merely a dumb cockroach about to be smushed by her expensive Jimmy Choo's.

"You're seriously asking me to help you plan a date for Draco. In case you haven't noticed, Potty, I haven't exactly given you my blessing, now have I?"

She puts away her wand and fold her arms with a roll of her eyes.

I was too stunned for words so I simply stared back, dumbly. She scoffs and starts walking away. But Hermione grabs onto her arm and she turns back to glare at her.

"Wait, a minute. Why would he need to ask you if he can date Draco?"

Hermione is as sharp as ever and that seems to shut the lid to Pansy's Coffin and she stiffens.

"No reason."

She goes to turn away again but Hermione is persistent and stops her once again.

"Not so fast," She says to Pansy. Pansy is nailed down to the floor by Hermione's glare and I don't think I've ever seen Parkinson so uncomfortable.

Eventually Pansy cracks and she breaks out into a vicious scowl.

"What do you want from me!?" She locks eyes with me. "I'm sorry, Ok? Is that what you wanted? I shouldn't have said what I said about turning you in to Voldemort during the war, Ok? I'm sorry and I regret it, alright? Is that what you wanted to hear?"

She recoils back like that was the last thing she wanted to say.

"I actually forgot about that." Ron says and the thick tension dissipates a little.

I'd forgotten about it too but Pansy seemed to have thought about it a lot.

Suddenly she was seething with anger and and maybe embarrassment. "Well, are you gon-"

"You're in love with Draco aren't you?" Hermione states.

Pansy takes a step back like she'd been shot. Her eyes widen and her breath catches. Her eyes gleamed with tears but before they could fall, she turns away and runs. As fast as her pride will let her.

~~~~~

The next mornings classes dragged on slowly as the anticipation for tonights date grew.

Everyone was ready and the plan was set and I couldn't be more anxious. I wanted this to go perfectly. If it didn't live up to Draco's expectations would he change his mind about me?

Finally, classes end and everyone is in their places.

I'm waiting by the entrance to the Room of Requirement, pacing back and forth.