29. Snow.

As (Y/N) brushed Power's hair, she couldn't help but notice he had bags under his eyes. Perhaps it had something to do with the moment he left their dorm last night, just when he thought she was asleep.

She could hear the faint mumbling voices that came from Aki's bedroom, a shrill cry of desperation and the unmistakably gasps and sobs of a troubled mind. (Y/N) had returned to their dorm hours later, and cuddled directly onto her body in search for warmth, still shivering slightly.

Maybe it would be wiser not to interfere, Power thought.

"So, how did you sleep?" (Y/N) asked.

"Like a baby!" She lied.

And the days kept going on, as they always did.

And with every passing day, (Y/N)'s condition seemed to worsen.

Power could hear him mumbling on his sleep, something about the future, something about a life. She didn't wanted to enquire further, and although she knew she would have to ask about it at some point, she still wanted him to bring the subject first or she wouldn't feel comfortable forcing him to speak.

"I'm afraid, Power." He said once. There, under a moonlit sky, the vestiges of a starry night reflected into his eyes.

"Why?" She asked, leaned in closer, and pulled him into a tight hug as she ran her hands through her back, trying to comfort him.

"I..." He mumbled shortly. "I can't tell you, Powy."

"It's okay, but I would be much helpful if you told me about it!" She said, staring into his eyes. Her sneering voice was something she would never be able to control, although (Y/N) had learned to differentiate through every shade of her voice. "I won't be able to help you!" She was extremely worried.

"You will, Power." He said. "You'll just have to promise me something."

"And what's that?"

"That you won't leave my side." He said. "That you'll stay by me."

Before a couple of seconds of silence, on which Power seemed to use in order to understand his request further, she let out an amused gasp. "You silly." She muttered between her soft laughs, something that confused (Y/N). "Don't worry, I've... I've already made that promise, to myself at least." She said. "A long time ago."

(Y/N) stared into his eyes. "So..."

She leaned in closer, planting a small kiss on his lips. "Not even death itself will take us apart!" Her sneering tone was there, once again.

And before they knew it, the twelfth of September came.

Power had been focusing on (Y/N) so much that she hadn't been able to notice just how much Aki had changed too. Denji did, nevertheless. "Why so down, topknot?" He asked him that same morning.

"I'll leave by noon, I want to talk to the Angel Devil in the hospital." He simply said as he prepared breakfast.

"Any reason on why would you want to talk to that girlfriend of yours?"

"Not something you'd want to know."

"So he really is your girlfriend!"

"Damn Aki didn't think you'd be up for something like that." (Y/N) said, walking into the kitchen as he rubbed his eyes, he had just gotten up.

This time, Aki couldn't stiff his laugh. "Shut up." He said between chuckles.

"And you shouldn't laugh; with that attitude of hers Power almost counts as a dude too!" Denji interfered, pointing a (Y/N). Aki stopped cutting the tomatoes as he tried to hold his laugh.