Important Information

BDSM is an acronym that stands for Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism. It is an umbrella term that is used to describe a sexual practice involving a physical control or psychological power or pain it includes components of bondage and discipline , domination and submission or sadism or masochism.

BDSM specifies a large variety of activities, practices, and kinks that are performed by mutually consenting adults for sexual pleasure.

Kink activities can range from sexual bondage, erotic spanking, or collaring your partner and making them crawl around on all fours with a leash. There is also a plethora of other tamer activities beyond these dynamics, such as sensation play which arouses the senses, roleplaying, and other forms of play that don't involve exchanges of power.

Bondage is any type of consensual activity in BDSM that consists of restraining your partner in some shape or form. This could include the use of ropes, handcuffs, Japanese rope bondage, or Shibari, mental bondage, the use of collars, and gags, as well as breast and genital binding.

Bondage

People enjoy bondage for a whole array of reasons:

It is aesthetically pleasing.They enjoy the somatic sensory feeling of being tied and the texture or smell of the ropes.It is erotically stimulating.

Bondage is often a way of submitting to your partner during BDSM play so you can give up control and power. However, it may also be for aesthetic reasons or pure sensual pleasure.

Bondage can also involve sadomasochism, but that is not always the case, as it can be very tranquil, meditative, or erotic.

Discipline

Discipline during BDSM play is when the dominant partner "punishes" the submissive partner for breaking the "rules". This is often done to teach their sub "proper" behavior so they can become better at submitting. In this type of relationship, consent is also used, as the submissive has given consent to the dominant prior to this arrangement. While a sub may be disciplined for mistakes they have made, some submissives may break the rules on purpose because they desire punishment.

Discipline can take many forms from verbal scolding to physical punishment such as spanking or whipping, using bondage or gags, or psychological discipline such as humiliation. Punishments could also take the form of erotic genital torture, the use of chastity devices, locking their sub in a dog cage, or making them stand in the corner.

What does it mean to be dominant?

A dominant (or Dom/Reagan ) in a Dom/Sub (D/S) relationship is the partner who "holds the power" and is in "control". However, their control is only in so far as is given by the submissive, who in reality has all the control which they consensually give up, to their dominant partner.

The dominant and submissive relationship is an important part of BDSM for many people who enjoy playing with power exchange dynamics.

A Dom/me may derive pleasure from sexual dominance where they control their partner's submission, as well as pleasure and pain, through various types of play such as bondage, spanking, discipline, punishment, orgasm control, and other types of activities. A Dom/Sub relationship may also be referred to as a Master/Slave dynamic. A female dominant is often called a Domme or Dominatrix.