𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, kegger

Start from the beginning

"I have someone here you might want to meet," She beams, leading Ava through a group before stopping in front of a boy, who's shades are hiding his eyes and even though the sky above them is dark, he's wearing a hat, shadowing his face, "Ava, this is Charlie Clifton. Charlie, this is Ava Routledge."

Taking another swig from her cup, Ava glances the boy up and down before sending him a smile, which he attempts to return.

Ava completely rotated her body to Kiara, her jaw clenched and eyebrows raised, "Why did you think I'd want to meet him?" She whispers, making sure that the boy is speaking to someone else as she speaks.

Kiara rolls her eyes, patting her friends bare arm, "Just get to know him. He's someone I met in the Kook academy last year."

"So, he's Kook?" Ava tilts her head, "I seriously don't understand why—"

"Hey, I can hear you, you know," The boy chimes in, causing a delighted smile to break out across Kiara's face as Ava robotically turns to look at the boy once more, "Would you like to go sit somewhere quieter, so we can shit talk other people apart from me?"

Ava chuckles, biting her lip as her finger taps anxiously against the cup in her hand, but eventually she nods in acceptance, "Yeah. Come on," She motions away towards the tree line, "I know a perfect place for people watching. I'll be seeing you later Kiara Carrera."

Kiara nudges her friends playfully, before they begin to walk away from her. She raises a hand to cup her mouth, shouting to Ava, "Love you."

Ava glances over her shoulder, sending her close friend a dirty look before she's once more distracted from the boy beside her.

"Are you the same girl who dated Rafe Cameron for a year?" He questions, causing her to squeeze her eyes shut for a few moments in hold in an internal groan.

Lowering herself down onto a log just before the tree line with the sea a few metres in front, Ava slides JJ's cigarette packet from her pocket, "Do you mind if I smoke near you?" She asks.

He shakes his head, "Not if you give me one."

She smiles gently, passing him a cigarette before flicking JJ's lighter open and using it for both of their cigs, "And, yes, I am the unlucky girl who dated Rafe Cameron. If all you're going to talk about is him, then I might just have to drown you. His name is all I've heard the past few months."

He laughs, breathing out a cloud of smoke and wafting it away from their faces quickly, "Oh, god no. Don't worry. The last thing I ever want to do is give Rafe Cameron more attention."

Narrowing her eyes, she turns to look at him, her eyes running over his sunglasses and hat once more, "So, you're one of the mysterious boys, who tries to lure girls in with their charm and not looks, huh?"

He glances over at her, and she watches his eyebrows move slightly above his glasses, "How'd you figure that out?"

"Hm, I don't know," She taps her chin quizzically, "It's dark out, and you're wearing a hat and sunglasses."

"I'll happily take it off it's making you feel too intimidated by me," He moves his hands to his cap, but she waves him off with a laugh.

"Hey, for all I know you might look like Deadpool under that," She teases, glancing back towards the kegger with a faint smile, "Plus, I like mysterious men."