3x07: I kissed A Girl

Liv and Rachel were walking together in the hallway, the election was coming and Kurt was at a net disadvantage, which worried both of them, but especially Rachel.

"I haven't been worried about a vote since Lambert vs Allen- Rachel said as the two walked side by side- Kurt needs this election to get into NYADA. More importantly he's clearly the superior candidate" continued pointing with the scolding Brittany standing in the middle of the corridor distributing candy, Liv followed the look of Rachel and mimed her frowning look, because she was right, Brittany was a very sweet person, but she would not be a good president.

"If I elected, I will make sure to have sugar threats available at all times. It helps the concentration, that's what George Washington said" said Brittany to the crowd of boys who had grown up around her while giving them candy.

"What the hell?" Liv exclaimed, because what Brittany had said didn't really make sense, while Rachel rolled her eyes annoyed. "See? That's what I mean, but I don't know how she's ahead" said Rachel.

"Well it's not like we can get into people minds and convince them to vote Kurt, the only thing we can do is have faith that in the end they'll choose. him, there's nothing else we can do" Liv tried to make her reason, it broke her heart not being able to do anything for her best friend, because more than anyone else he deserved to win, but if the kids at McKinley were too stupid to understand it, then she couldn't do anything about it.

"Well...I did try to do something about it" admitted Rachel.

"Rachel, what did you do?" asked Liv already worried, the last time Rachel tried to do something about someone getting in her way she had sent a girl to a crackhouse, so God only know what she might've done now.

"I went to principal Figgins and accused Brittany of buying the votes, hoping he'd do something, but..."

"But he didn't do anything" Liv finished Rachel's sentence and she sighed.

"Nobody cares and it's so wrong" complained Rachel.

"Rachel, with all the love in the world, we're talking about an election for senior president at a high school in Ohio, not the election for president of the United States, so it's obvious that no one will do anything because Brittany distributes Pixy Stix to get votes" explained Liv to her and she snorted.

"I know they're so lost in their own worlds that they can't see how important this is to me- Rachel started saying, Liv was about to intervene and tell that this was about Kurt and not her but Rachel continued her monologue- Elections have consequences, and the consequences of Brittany winning this election I'll have to move to New York without my best gay" Rachel went on, and all Liv could think about was that now she was the one lost in her own world.

"Rachel..." tried to tell Liv to stop her speech, which we can say was taking a wrong turn, transforming Kurt in a simple object that she wanted in New York, instead of a person with dreams and expectations, as well as her friend, but Rachel interrupted her again.

"I mean, what if I need an emergency make over or a last-minute soufflé?" said Rachel, but before she could say anything else, Liv stopped her.

"Rach, stop, okay? This is not about what you want or what you need, this is about Kurt, our dear friend whose admission to NYADA and his future depends on this election, so stop thinking about what useful things he could do for you just because he's gay, which by the way it's pretty offensive, and let's focus on him and what he needs, okay?" Liv told her to stop walking and stop in the middle of the hallway and stop Rachel by putting her hands on her shoulders.

"You're right, I'm sorry, it's about Kurt, not me, and it's Kurt we need to worry about that, it's just that sometimes..."

"The diva in you comes out and you lose control, I understand, really, last year I did not talk to my brother for almost two weeks because the night of the premiere of my old school musical, he broke his arm and did not come, then obviously shifting all the attention to him" confessed Liv laughing and making Rachel laugh too.