Itachi's health ~

.
. .
. . .
. . . .

"Wake up!"

Naruko nearly fell off the bed when the blankets she had cuddled up to were yanked off of her hold. She sat up on the soft mattress and looked around confusedly.

Karin was grinning at her with the blankets in her hands while Nagato shook his head at her childishness.

Naruko moaned as she let herself fall back down on the bed. Karin giggled and threw herself beside Naruko, causing her to bounce on the bed.

"Karin!" Naruko nearly shouted. "What's got you so excited in the morning?"

"Uhmm, Naruko," Nagato approached the bed where his clan members lay side by side. "You're getting married tonight, remember?"

Naruko gasped loudly as she sat up. She looked around and realized that she was in her new room and she really was getting married tonight.

"What do I do?" Naruko wailed, looking at Karin expectantly.

Karin laughed softly before wrapping her arms around Naruko's neck. "Don't worry, that's why we are here. To help you!"

"Thank you," Naruko smiled as she hugged back her distant cousin.

"You're fine with this right?" Nagato questioned gently. "If not, we can talk to our Lady, I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to return to our village."

Naruko smiled softly with a soft blush on her cheeks. "Don't worry… Sasuke's really nice, he's so good to me."

Karin laughed as she adjusted her glasses before adding in a sing song voice, "Looks like someone's falling in love," Karin sighed dramatically. "And it's March, too. The month of reproduction..."

"K-Karin!" Naruko squeaked, her face turning as red as Karin's hair. "I'm not falling or anything!"

"It's fine, Naruko," Nagato stepped in before Karin could say any more to make Naruko angrier. "He'll be your husband in a few hours, it's normal that you feel close to him."

Naruko nodded slowly as she played with her fingers.

Karin smiled softly before kissing Naruko's whiskered cheek. As the ones that were closest to the royal family, Nagato and Karin were one of the few ones who were allowed to see Naruko's naked face.

"I'm happy that you are content," Karin said as she stood up, adjusting her shorts and short, red yukata over it. "And who wouldn't be?" Karin said playfully with a smirk. "These Uchiha men are truly outstanding, maybe Nagato and I could catch one, too?"

Naruko giggled as a soft pinkness dusted Nagato's cheeks.

Karin draped an arm over Nagato's shoulders. "Yahiko wouldn't like it, no?"

"No," Naruko shook her head as she laughed softly.

They stopped their little morning fun as they heard a knock on the door.

Naruko left the bed immediately. Nagato found a haori from one of his suitcases and helped Naruko to wear it while Karin put a veil around Naruko's face.

"Is it good?" Naruko whispered as she adjusted the veil.

"Yes," Karin whispered back.

Naruko gave a nod and Nagato called out loudly, "Come in."

Naruko was expecting to see Sasuke, a stupid thought -considering it was tradition not to see the bride before the ceremony, but when she saw Sakura walking inside, she tensed involuntarily.