Girl Meets Lucas

Mackenna pov

"so we were indeed trying to find out who we were as a people" Mr. Matthews said as he walked back up to the front switching his name tag back to "Mr. Matthews".

"who am i?, what should i be?. History shows that bad things happen when you dont know who you are" Mr. Matthews said as the back door to the classroom opened and someone came in.

"who are you?. i dont know who you are" Mr. Matthews said as i turned to look who opened the door, only to find it was the guy from this morning.

"Subway boy" I heard Riley say.

"I'm Lucas Friar, from Austin, Texas" Lucas said giving Cory his paper.

"Oh, new student, Mr. Friar"

"Yea sir"

"great you're just in time for today assignment, have a seat" Mr. Matthews said as Lucas came and sat behind me.

"Okay, so we-" Mr. Matthews started but stopped when he saw Riley turned around looking at Lucas, as i was leaning over talking to Maya.

He grabbed her head turning her around, as he pushed my head back to my seat.

"So I'd like you guys to open your books to page 48" he said as we all opened our books to page 48.

"Now id like you turn to page one" he said as we all turned our books to page 1

"Now id like you to read from page one to page 48" he said as everyone but Farkle groaned.

"Oh, too bad on you"

"Okay, so for tonight's assignment, id like you to write me a three-page essay on anything, anything at all that you guts believe in so strongly you'd fight for it"

"that" Maya said as i whispered an "Oh no", and banging my head on the desk behind me, forgetting that it wasn't empty.

"Hi" he whispered.

"hi" I said hurriedly leaning up, swearing i got whiplash.

"id fight for no homework"

"I come here everyday, why cant you teach me everything i need to know while I'm still here"

"whoo" Riley said.

"No whoo" she said when she saw her dad looking at her.

'"he gets our days-" she said standing up "lets take back our nights" she said turning to look at the class.

"No homework, more freedom, whos with me"

"No homework more freedom" she started chanting as everyone joined her.

"this is it kid, you wanna be like me and Kenna stand up" Maya whispered to Riley, as Maya grabbed my hand standing me up.

"No homework more freedom"

"whatcha doing" Cory asked as Riley stood up.

"I'm making a choice about who i want to be, about whose world i want it to be"

"riley, i know you. You now exactly who you are"

"who am i dad"

"you're just like me"

"Oh yea?, would you do this. No homework more freedom"

"No homework more freedom"

"Farkle, are you with us or not" i asked sitting on his desk.

He stood up "My education or my women, my education or my women, my education or my women, oh, its happening again, sir" Farkle said as he fainted and Cory caught him.

"Nice try Farkle" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek, going to leave but stopping at Lucas's desk.

"I'm Mackenna" i said smiling it him sitting on the deck next to him as he turned to look at me

"Lucas, Ma'am" he said smiling back at me.

" I'm backkk" I sing sang walking into our house.

Adelynn ran over hugging me "hi Kenna" she said as i picked her up.

"hi Lynn, where's mommy and daddy" i asked tickling her.

"In the kitchen" she said as i walked with her on my back into the kitchen "How was your dad hun" Dad asked coming over and kissing the top of my head.

"Good, there's a new kid, and Farkle is still in love with me" I laughed sitting at counter placing Adelynn in her own seat.

Dad laughed placing a bowl of fruit in front of us.

Maya, Riley and I sat at our lunch table, "Aww look at him, looking for a place to fit in" Maya said talking about Lucas.

"He looks like a lost puppy" i said opening my water.

"Do you think he'll sit with us" she asked looking hopeful.

Maya scooted over a seat for Lucas to sit in, but Farkle came and hurriedly sat in it making me almost spit my water out.

"Farkle"

"Ladies"

"No"

"why"

"go away"

I sighed getting up grabbing a chair and placing it next to mine, on the opposite side of Maya, Riley and Farkle.

Farkle got up to leave "Same time tomorrow ladies"

"cant wait"

"I bet"

"I was lying"

"Thank you" Lucas said sitting down next to me.

I smiled going to eat my fries.

"Hey"

"hey"

"hey back"

"Awkward"

"hi, you're sitting here"

"yeah, after Farkle stole my seat Mackenna got me one" he said opening his juice.

"is that okay" he asked, as Riley gave him a thumbs up.

"Can you excuse me for just one second" she asked as he nodded, she turned to Maya and me, squealed then turned back to Lucas.

"how ya doing" Mr. Matthews asked coming over.

"Dad, you have a choice here, you can either understand that this is juts a boy talking to me in the cafeteria-"

"i'm gonna do whatever you say next"

"but this is so innocent"

"honey, Riles, baby, fathers dont see anything as innocent" I said looking at her.

"We see it as.. what's the opposite as innocent"

"right here" Maya said pointing between her and I.

"Please dont embarrass me"

"I'm just going to talk to Mr. Friar about geography"

"no he's not"

lno I'm not"

"you know, I've been to a lot of places, never been to Texas though, what part of Texas is closes to Mexico"

"that'd be El Paso, Sir"

"great, lets go right now" Mr. Matthews said dragging Lucas out thinking he wanted to talk to Riley but in all honesty he wanted to talk to Mackenna.