Harassed and humiliated before class

At 14 years old, Anthony Murray was confirmed as the weakest person in his class. Looking more like he was 11 or 12, the short, thin, delicate, pale and softly-spoken boy was certainly physically weaker, more shy and more timid than all of the other boys at Brookside Comprehensive in inner-city Liverpool, UK. Without doubt, almost any girl his own age could beat him up without trying too hard. 

Two girls in his class, the super-cruel Imelda and her heartless sidekick Paige, really liked harassing and bullying Anthony. They had started terrorising the boy back in primary school - and they couldn't have been more excited to discover, a couple of years back, that Anthony would be attending the same secondary school as them. Naturally, the prospect had filled Anthony with dread, and rightly so.  

On the first day of secondary school, in Year 7, the two highly confident girls had waited on Anthony to emerge from the main school building after final registration, dragged him behind a building and beat him up. They pushed him on the floor and kicked his legs over and over while he begged them to stop, setting the tone for how they intended to treat him for the rest of his secondary education. 

It had been harder for them to get away with that kind of thing at their small primary school. At Brookside Comprehensive, Imelda and Paige had been able to take advantage of the large buildings, big lands around them and less teachers checking up on their every move. Now in Year 9, the two girls had become addicted to the unlimited power and control they had over Anthony.

That night Imelda went to Paige's house and they discussed their newfound power and all the things they could do to Anthony during and after school hours

That night Imelda went to Paige's house and they discussed their newfound power and all the things they could do to Anthony during and after school hours. It made them look forward to school so much. 

The next day, first thing, they found Anthony sitting on the edge of a table in their form classroom, his legs dangling down, trying to be part of a chat with some other boys. Anthony had no friends but he really did try sometimes to make friends by getting involved in conversations. 

While Imelda held Anthony's arms behind his back, Paige cackled loudly while yanking off both of his shoes. "They're ours now!", Paige proclaimed loudly. The boys present were amazed to witness this and none of them dared to challenge either of the girls. Anthony was so embarrassed that this was happening in front of other boys that he tried to pretend nothing happened and went to sit down in his seat. 

Still giggling, the two girls ran outside with Anthony's quite expensive black school shoes and filled them up with dirt and mud before returning to the classroom and dumping the slender boy's shoes next to him. "There you go, altar boy!," Paige taunted with Imelda at her side.

Anthony looked down to see his shoes were now completely unwearable, perhaps ruined. Anthony's face reddened and he felt like crying. 

"Oh, is he going to cry?", Paige taunted as she and Imelda returned to their seats and waited to see what Anthony would do next. The two girls couldn't stop giggling, and they loved how what they'd done was getting them attention from good looking boys in the class.