𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 -alcoholic-

Start from the beginning

"I do not!" He exclaimed angrily, throwing a pillow at Heidi. Heidi only laughed more.

"Okay, enough Alex, be a man. Get up. I need your help."

***

Alexander got dragged to the treehouse by Heidi, and she showed him the little painting.

"I just have no idea what to tell her." She says, for like the 6th time.

"I know that," Alexander sighed. "But what did you yell at her in the first place?"

Heidi sighed. 'I called her a vile horrible person, right to her face, next to her face." Heidi admitted, getting a shiver down her spine at the memory of it.

"Well, Why did you say it?"

Heidi shook her head. She'd been trying to understand this ever since it happened. She'd asked herself the question countless times, the only answer she could give was her jealousy for all the attention Frieda got. For that day where she hit her head and went to the doctor's but Frieda had apologised for that, they had moved past it. So there was no real reason for Heidi's mean words apart from her anger and frustration.

She talked to Alexander about everything she had felt leading up to that fight until the sun started setting. They decided they had to get home and Alexander drove the bike, as Heidi made an unclear apology plan, it wasn't as good as the last one, or maybe it was but she just wasn't as confident about it as she had been yesterday.

The house felt rather empty when she walked in, but she could hear the quiet footsteps of her siblings upstairs. Heidi smiled, hoping Frieda wasn't at some friend's house. This was it. She would apologise and start again with her twin sister.

"Frieda." Heidi said, as she opened the tiny door to their room. The young red haired girl turned to her. She was reading something on her bed.

"Hi?" She said, a bit hesitant.

Heidi took a deep breath and sat down at the end of her bed, as Frieda slowly closed the book.

The two girls looked at each other for a while, Frieda was waiting for Heidi to speak.

"I.." She started, looking down at her hands. "I wanted to apologise."

Frieda subtly perked up, clearly she had been waiting for it.

"I shouldn't have called you that..."

Frieda scoffed. Heidi nodded.

"I know, I know-"
"Well then why did you say it?" Frieda spat almost immediately. Her eyes showed clear anger.

Heidi sighed. "I don't know, I was angry- I was mad and I-"

"I was trying to be nice to you!" Frieda exclaimed, "I comforted you and you-"

The emotion in this room felt heavy, I knew this could end terribly.

"I know and I appreciate that, and my anger that day had nothing to do with you at all! You just happened to be there-"

They heard their mother call for them downstairs. It was already dinner time.

Heidi stopped abruptly and sighed, wiping a tear. How could she ever explain this? Frieda left to go downstairs. Heidi followed closely thereafter. Trudy gave them both things to set the table with. Frieda took the plates, Heidi took the glasses, Frieda took the forks, Heidi took the knives.

Manfred and Gisela both sat down happily, knowing it was Saturday night, which meant they would get something other than soup.

"Hello," Trudy said to them with a warm smile, putting a pot full of potatoes on the table. Manfred literally licked his lips and Trudy rolled her eyes fondly.