𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴 -strange feelings-

Wilma never had such a bad panic attack again; after explaining what they were, Frau Krause had given her some tips to stop them herself. Heidi was so glad she had taken an extra minute to get Tilda's mother, because she was convinced the doctor wouldn't have calmed her sister down the way she had. She told Tilda what her mother had done the next day at school, and tilda had flicked her hair dramatically and said:

"What can I say, I have the best mother." with a proud tone. Heidi had laughed and

felt her face turn red for some strange reason.

The summer holidays were just around the corner when out of the blue during a maths lesson, Tilda asked my human  something she hadn't expected.

"Do you have a crush on anyone?"

Heidi was taken off guard to say the least. She had been worrying about so many things during the past six months, from her parents' fights to Wilma's panic attacks, it had all been too much for her and the rest of her family. She had almost forgotten those types of silly questions which made me really sad, she was only twelve, if there was something she should have been worrying about it was those types of silly childish things.

"No, do you?" Heidi asked back. Tilda shrugged.

"Not really," She said, turning away. "But my mother says that I don't have to until I'm an adult."

Heidi nodded, thinking of Wilma.

"Childhood romances never lead anywhere anyway," Tilda said, a bit bitterly. "And the boys here are not especially handsome anyway,"

Heidi chuckled, trying to be quiet, she couldn't agree more. She honestly had a hard time understanding what Frieda liked in any of  them.

Tilda turned to her friend and put her hand over her mouth.

'Don't laugh so loud!" She whisper-shouted. "We'll get in trouble!"

"I know I'm sorry-" Heidi whispered between her muffled laughs.

Her laugh spread to Tilda, who had to cover her own mouth as well.

"Shh.." she attempted, but Heidi only laughed more, turning completely pink and soon Tilda did too and as they laughed, for a second heidi could not take her eyes off

Her friend. She liked the way she smiled, the way she laughed-

"Miss Krause! Miss Seide!" the teacher finally snarled. "Pay attention, please."

The pair both straightened their posture and avoided looking at each other so they could compose themselves.

They ended up making it out of the school day without a behaviour warning, which honestly could have been considered a miracle.

After school, they both went to the BDM. The league had a new meeting place now, which was really far away from where the school was, so all the girls always walked to the other side of town on a daily basis. It gave Heidi and Tilda a lot of time to spend together without an angry teacher breathing down their necks. Heidi enjoyed it so much it made so happy. The smile she got when tilda laughed would make my day. As the summer holidays rolled around, Heidi started looking forward to meeting up with tilda more and more. She actually despised that she couldn't see her every day like she used to, even if it only was for a few weeks. She realised slowly, as time passed, that she felt very differently toward Alexander and tilda, although she knew she loved them equally and enjoyed their company equally. It was just different somehow. I didn't want to break any news to her, to me it was obvious, so obvious, and it probably is for you too.

Heidi had a crush on Tilda Krause

I never gave her a hint, never whispered the idea to her, because I knew it would be far too complicated for my dear Heidi, far too difficult to accept. In the world she lived in, it was unacceptable and also dangerous. However, she realised and understood much earlier than I thought she would. 1939–in addition to being the year my human became a teenager—brought far more devastating changes to her life than any other year, and not only for her life,but for  the lives of people across europe and even across the world. One change that was exclusive to her, however, was when she realised she had a crush, a crush that wasn't all new, it had been going on for a while.