𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 -the pianist-

Summer 1936 rolled around quickly and Alexander and Heidi had started going to their treehouse again, after a rather rough winter it had taken them a while to revive it, but it was all very worth it. The whole week of work in both rain and sunshine (mostly rain) had been pretty rewarding, until Alexander caught a nasty cold and therefore condemned both himself and Heidi to stay at home or closeby. Basically, they couldn't go to the treehouse and Heidi found herself alone most of the time. She would occupy her days by drawing, and when she got bored of that she would walk out into their garden, it wasn't necessarily a garden, but a few flowers grew there which meant little five year old Gisela sat there. The natural world  fascinated her. She loved it so much in fact that she could spend as many hours studying the green leaves of an apple tree as Heidi could spend painting, which was remarkable if you ask me. Heidi would listen to her sister unlike most and one day in mid July it got her thinking; What were her other family member's hobbies or interests? She had never really asked anyone. She did know her golden haired best friend loved theatre, he would display his love for it every day, with his facial expressions and small scenettes, she also knew Gisela adored flowers and small insects more than anything, as well as birds.  However, she had no clue what Wilma liked to do, she knew she wanted to become a nurse, but not what she liked to do in her free time. It struck her then, like a ton of bricks that most of her family members didn't have any time left for interests.  Wilma being one of them, her mother didn't have any time either and Heidi highly doubted Trudy's hobby would be cooking. The thought almost brought her to hysterical laughter. Her father worked at some factory day and night, or was it the train station? She couldn't remember, all she was sure of was that he left early and came home late, which also meant he had no time to spare for anyone other than Frieda, or perhaps Walter. As for her older brother, he studied somewhere because Alfred had insisted, and so had his teachers, but he worked part time wherever his school was. Heidi had once heard it was in Heidelberg, or something like that, a bit up north, a few train stops away. She wasn't sure how much time he had to spare, but he did usually come home with Wilma, so that must have meant he pretty much had none either. She envied him a bit for other reasons though. Heidi had never left her small hometown, and at nine years old, it felt as if she never would while her brother did every day, because her parents had more hopes for him than for anyone in the family.

She began to realise how unfair it sounded, said or rather thought like that but before she could continue pondering on it, she felt a firm and familiar hand grab her arm and drag her up from their front porch, if you could call a bunch of concrete stairs a porch.

"Wilma! What on earth are you doing?" Heidi exclaimed, sounding a bit squeamish.

"I have a surprise for you!" She told her, smiling and throwing her shoes at her. "Get those on!"

"What-"

"Stop asking questions, and do as I say." Wilma ordered with a little grin. Heidi sighed and complied. The two sisters left the house. Heidi had no idea where they were going, but her impatience to find out slowly turned into appreciation for her sister. She was glad she had taken her out of their dusty street today. As they walked over the bridge crossing the Neckar, they could hear the birds chirp cheerfully and the warmth of the air wrapped around them both like a warm summery blanket. Heidi closed her eyes for a second, taking it all in when she suddenly realised where Wilma was taking her. There was only one place in this part of town that Wilma went to regularly. My human's heart beat accelerated like a racing car. She turned to Wilma abruptly.

"We're not going to the mayor's house are we?" She inquired urgently.

Wilma smirked, of course they were. Wilma had gotten tired of Heidi complaining about how she could never be friends with Tilda. She thought she could force their acquaintance just a bit.