| Chapter 16 |

I'm woken up by the sound of Reeces engine and the smell of roasted coffee. With my toes curled in the sheets and my arms stretched out above my head. What will I do now that I have the entire house to myself?

I could make an entire meal for myself without having to share with Reece. Better yet, I could make waffles! Who was I kidding. I'm going back to sleep.

Halfway into my nap I finally decide to be productive with my day. I got up. Plugged my phone into it's charger and played Taylor Swift way too loud through my speakers. My feet take me to the bathroom where I twist the nozzle to my shower. Setting it to warm water.

Once the temperatures just right I undress.

Afterwards I grab my towel to dry off. Still singing along to Taylor Swift throughout the entire process. A minute later I walk out of the bathroom so I can grab my clothes from the bed.

I could change in the comfort of my room so I thought. But as soon I exited I could see a figure standing in the doorway. My head snaps to one side to look at the intruder who's almost scared me to death.

It was Flynn.

It had to be Flynn. I mean who else is crazy enough to break into my house?

My hand is pressed against my heart as I try to catch my breath.

"Did I scare you?" He chuckles. 

"I swear, I am going to kill you." I threaten.

I take the clothes from my bed and run back inside the bathroom to change. Why is it that anytime Flynn was around I wasn't wearing pants?

"You shouldn't keep your doors unlocked."

I growl. Was he really trying lecture me?

Now fully clothed I catch him in the other room, invading my personal space as I turn down the music.

"How old were you in this photo?" Flynn is holding a picture frame of me as a child. I was probably six when it was taken at the county fair and it's sat on my dresser ever since.

"Six." I tell him.

"You haven't changed a bit." He smiles. Looking between the photo and I. I smile in return no longer feeling embarrassed. This could have been my worst fear come to life. Especially since my bedroom has been the exact same for the last ten years.

"What are you doing here?" I wondered.

"I had a free period at school." He mentions.

"So you decide to break into my house?"

Flynn shakes his head. "I knocked and you wouldn't answer."

"Maybe I didn't want to invite you inside?" I suggest.

"I am great company." He defends.

"Prove it."

He takes a step closer. Wearing a straight face. His eyes moving to the top of my head and down to my feet. I stand still as I watch his hand come towards my face. Very carefully his thumb moves against my skin in soft strokes.