𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒

ECLIPSE CHAPTER TWO

Harlow heard the growls of a truck and ran downstairs

Harlow heard the growls of a truck and ran downstairs. Carl ? Theres still a chance, Otis ? No. We say nothing to Patricia. Not till after. I need her. The girl walked away. Otis was dead. She grew up knowing him, but mow he was gone. Just like everyone else. All this death was effecting the young girl but she couldn't talk to anyone about it because they all said it would go away, but it hasn't. And even If it did. It wouldn't bring everyone back. It would never be the same ever again.

When Carl woke up she wanted to see him, to see if he was really alive or if he had the burning fever that would kill him like it killed everyone else. She didn't understand it was from a disease, she just knew it was killing everyone. Baby, Carl ? Sophia is she okay. Fine. Shes fine. Rest, we'll be right here okay ? okay, he replied. She heard the door open, that must mean the whole group is here.

She ran into the hall and watched the adults. How is he ? He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people. And Shane. We'd have lost Carl if it wasn't if not for him, thank God. We were do worried, how did it happened. Hunting accident that's all. Just a stupid accident.

˚ ˚

Blessed be God. Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praise be to him for the gift of our brother Otis. For his span of years, for his abundance of character. Otis who gave his life to save a child's, now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you God, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in grace. Shane, will you speak for Otis.

Im not good at it, im sorry. You were the last one with him, Patricia said. You shared his final moments. Please I need to hear, I need to know his death had meaning. Okay. We were about done, almost out of ammo. We were down to pistols by then, I was limping it was bad. Ankle all swollen up " We've got to save the boy " See that's what he said. He gave me his backpack, he shoved me ahead. " Run " he said, he said i'll take the rear, i'll cover you. And when I looked back. If not for Otis, i'd have never made it out alive. And that goes for Carl too, It was Otis, he saved us both. If any death ever had meaning, it was his.

˚ ˚

Harlow was scared to talk to anyone, she didn't know these people. And they had weapons, she was scared. What if they were bad people. But they had a kid, she thought. How could bad people have a kid ?

Harlow was told to help her sister Maggie. Got five wells on our land, house draws directly from number one. Number two well if right over there, we use it for cattle but it's just as pure. Take what you need. There's a cart and containers in the generator shed behind the house. Harlow right here can get em for you. Harlow smiled shyly to the group. I'll go sattle your horse then. Horse ?.

Looks like we got us a swimmer. Ew , the girl said while she made a face. How long do you think it's bern down there, asked Glenn. Long enough to grow gills, we can't leave it in there. God knows what it's doing to the water. We've got to get it out. Easy, put a bullet through it. I'll get a rope, replied T-DOG.

Whoa, whoa guys, no. Why not, it's a good plan ? It's a stupid plan, if that thing hasn't contaminated the water yet, blowing it's brains out would do the job. She's right er can't risk it. Why can't we just leave him, we have other wells, said Harlow. Everyone's attention now being on the young girl. Maggie walked over to her younger sister putting a hand on her left shoulder. We need as much water as possible Har, just stand back, okay ? Harlow responded by shaking her head timidly and stepping back a couple feet. She's right, can't risk it. So it has to come out alive ? So to speak, how do we do that ?

˚ ˚

He's not going for it. Maybe cause it's canned ham, don't kick and scream when you try to eat it. He's right, there's a reason the dead didn't come back to life and start raiding our cupboards. We need live bait. Everyone turned there heads to Glenn as Harlow just looked at them all confused. Have I mentioned that I really like you're bee haircut ? you have a nice shaped head. He laughed in a fearful way trying to convince them other wise. Don't worry about it bud, were going to get you out of here in one piece.

827
WORDS
.•° °•.
°•. .•°
@myloveforpartridge

•°@myloveforpartridge