000. ❛ prologue ❜

000.

ALODIA WAS NEVER one to complain. She always saw the beauty in everything—that's what Katniss adored about her. She was the opposite of everyone around her, she was a radiant and positive girl. Even when the unfortunate happens, she can always count on Alodia to make it better.

Alodia grew up dirt poor, having to beg for scraps, similar to the Everdeen's. Alodia's father, Henley Winchell, worked with Mr. Everdeen and they grew to be incredibly close. With their fathers being close, they had no choice other than being the best of friends.

They were polar opposites—Katniss being resolute and self reliant while Alodia was incredibly caring and warmhearted. But, that never came in the way of their friendship, they depended on one another and were each other's anchors. One was never seen without the other following close along. They were essentially tied at the hip.

Alodia's mother, Charmaine, had given birth to her oldest sister, Rowan, at the age of 16. She married their father at 17, and three years later had given birth to another daughter, Adalaide. Four years after that, Alodia was born. Then, finally another four years came and Charmaine had given birth to the only boy in the family

Alodia's family was poor for the early ages of her childhood until her oldest sister, Rowan Winchell, won the 66th Hunger Games at the ripe age of 14 years old. She was crowned youngest female victor alongside Finnick Odair. With her sister winning the loads of money, her family got out of poverty. But that wasn't the case for the Everdeen's.

Tragedy truck when Henley Winchell died of black-lung due to working conditions a few days before Rowan's return, causing their mother, Charmaine Winchell, to be widowed. Alodia was only 7 years old. Her mother soon married a man by the name of Castel Estana. Charmaine then had her last child, a baby girl by the name of Alice. She is only 2 years old.

Katniss befriended a boy by the name of Gale Hawthorne in the forest, and they became friends after. They grew quite close because they bonded over their fathers death in the mine blast. But he never came in between them, instead, they became a trio.

Gale never liked Alodia as much as Katniss, always preferring Katniss rather than her. She was never bothered by this because she would chose Katniss over Gale any day. The only thing they had in common was their love for Katniss.

Alodia meets a boy by the name of Peeta Mellark, and is convinced she has found her soulmate. Her stepfather and his mother do business together and sometimes the Mellarks get invited to dinner once in a while, and she also sees him in school. She has always had a crush on him, but was always scared to make a move. She promises herself she will make a move sometime in the future when they're both older, but will she have time to confess her love?

DISTRICT 12.
6 YEARS OLD.

"ALODIA!" Mrs. Winchell shouted outside, trying to find her daughter. Her father wanted to take her hunting in the woods and she was nowhere to be found. "Alodia! Where are you?" She was starting to get impatient, as she sighed.

She finally found her daughter, playing with the little kitten she had found somewhere in streets, alone and wandering. Alodia had a huge smile on her face watching her little kitten play with a string.

"Alodia." Her mother was angry, her hands on her hips. "Why weren't you answering me?"

Alodia stood up as her mother sighed. "I didn't hear-"

"Shush, I don't want to hear your excuses." She says, Alodia looking down at her feet, nodding. "Your father's waiting out front, he wants to take you hunting."