Chapter 4

It was time, Fallon and Liam were both busy eating and afterwards would be busy getting the kids ready. Adam knew that it was time to go and quickly made his exit from the table and right upstairs "getting a call" it wasn't the plan he was hoping for but he also didn't expect Delaney to remember it was him either. He couldn't stay around suspicious parents any longer.

Adam quickly packed everything he had brung and was quick to leave. He had no idea where he was going as he only had travel organized for in two days time but he had to leave anyway. He also no longer had his status to fall back on now that he was officially the disgraced Carrington after what he had done to Steven had been revealed.

Delaney was silent the whole of the time that fallon was helping her change. She didn't know yet if she could trust Fallon enough to be able to explain that her "uncle Adam" was the one who hurt her and stole her for so long. Fallon could tell that Delaney was deep in thought and for some reason felt the need to question her; however she also understood that Delaneyhad only met her that morning and she didn't want to scare her before she even got to know her properly.

Lauren just barged into Fallon's room running around in distress. "Mommy my bunny it's gone! Help me find it mommy I need it!" She screamed as she tore Fallon and Liam's bedroom apart to look for it. "Lauren, I'm busy right now, can you ask daddy? I'm trying to change Delaney and it's difficult." Fallon explained as she grabbed Lauren's hand to stop her from ruining everything and making so much mess.

"But I'm your kid please! I'm important too!" Lauren whined as she stomped her way out and gave up looking for the bunny. Fallon was torn, part of her wanted to help Lauren find her bunny but she also knew that Delaney was struggling and also really needed her. Deep down fallon was just terrified of losing her youngest child again and didn't dare leave her alone in case the kidnapper was in the house.

Fallon still had her suspicions when it came to Adam and his reasons for coming back. He was banished and disgraced after what he did, so why was he back all of a sudden and why did he leave already if he had just gotten back.

She just quickly picked up her half clothed daughter and put a blanket around her and made her way to Lauren's room to help look. "So Miss Delaney what's your fav- Lauren have you looked under the bed?" Fallon was going to try multitasking and helping both. She needed to beg through to Delaney and get her to start talking but at the same time she also had another daughter that she needed to help.

"What's your favorite animal or color? No Lauren, don't throw things look more carefully!" Fallon yelled, completely forgetting to listen to Delaney's reply to the question.

Lauren just ignored Fallon as she continued to make a mess looking for her favorite stuffed bunny. "Lauren, please stop! Of course you're not gonna find her in this mess, you're gonna tidy your room and I'm sure you'll find her in the process, hurry up you haven't got all day." Fallon told her daughter, knowing full well that Lauren's room had been a mess for over a week.

Lauren just shook her head as she continued to look around not listening to a word that Fallon was saying as she just wanted her favorite toy back. Fallon just sighed and walked out the room, closing the door behind her, she couldn't be bothered dealing with Lauren misbehaving and she had more important things to do than look for a small bunny toy in a massive room that she couldn't even see the floor in.

She then sat Delaney down on her and Liam's bed and continued to get her into some new clothes, still waiting on an answer to the two questions she asked the young girl. "Wha an abimaw? Ow a cowew?" She whispered, feeling ashamed that she didn't know what Fallon was talking about.

"Well, right now your sister is looking for her bunny, she likes bunnies, do you not have a special toy?" She asked the young girl in a much more gentle voice. Delaney just slowly shook her head as she was never allowed things like that. She had herself and a basement all day every day and each meal was sent down to her by someone in a mask who she couldn't properly see. She wasn't used to people never mind being around animals and colors.

That's when Fallon remembered the bear she had got for her when she was still a newborn. She quickly ran to her bed and grabbed it, handing it over to her. "This is what me and daddy got you when you were a little baby. It's a bear but it's okay if you don't like bears we can go and choose something else instead, I've kinda used that while you were gone." She explained.

Delaney just passed it back to Fallon and smiled a little. "You hab." She whispered. They both jumped when the door burst open once again while Lauren stood there. "You can't just walk out! You're supposed to help me not leave me alone!" She screamed and stomped her feet. She was used to being the only child and having all of the attention so Fallon had never really walked out when she acted up, she would normally actually do something.

Fallon just sighed as she looked at her oldest. "Lauren, you were throwing a tantrum and not listening. I told you that you needed to pick up your toys and clean your room and you didn't listen to me. I was helping your sister who is younger than you and needed more help." Fallon told her oldest as she knew Lauren wasn't used to this, but she needed to understand that Fallon has to be able to help both of them now that Delaney is back.

"There's one of me and two of you while daddy is working so you need to cooperate with me and if you do I'll get you some more toys at the end of each week okay?" Fallon asked, hoping a bribe would work. Lauren didn't listen though she just walked right out and went and continued to try finding her bunny.

Fallon could already tell that she had a long day ahead of her and she wasn't looking forward to it at all.

Thank you to my friend Descendantsfan03 for helping me with this chapter. I think she's gonna help me with this fanfic as we like co-writing.