👾 MEET MICAH

we were given an hour to unpack a little and grab something to eat from the cafeteria before going to the auditorium for a meeting.

1:00 PM
DORMS

SPEAKER: "ALL SUGARHILL PREP AND HARLEM HIGH STUDENTS TO THE AUDITORIUM IN 5 MINUTES."

DD: "there's another school here?"

Y/N: "first they gon make us do summer school, now we gotta share the campus?"

DD: "its that prep school too. dont they got them boojie kids"

Y/N: "ugh.. you remember where the auditorium is?"

DD: "na i was jus gon follow erybody else"

Y/N: "tbh.."

DORM HALL

dd n i left the dorms and tried lookin for people who looked like they knew where they was goin.

MICAH: "you iight?"

me n dd turned around at the same time n saw a sugarhill prep student. my ex. dd ain know that yet.

DD: "ye we goin ta tha auditorium."

MICAH: "alri, ill go wi yall"

Y/N: "i'm gonna go get smn from the dorm real quick."

DD: "you want me ta wait?"

Y/N: "nah, i'll catch up."

DD: "ya sure?"

Y/N: "yea yea go"

1:07 PM
AUDITORIUM

i was last to show up cause of my lil excuse but i am not sorry cs i wasn boutta walk around wi my ex. everybody was sitting down in a really big theatre type building. i sat down next to ddot before the meeting started.

Y/N: "ian know u was here? how come i didn see you on the bus?"

DDOT: "my momma woke up late so she had ta dropped me off"

Y/N: "two hours?? man i already know u gotcho ass whooped"

y/n & ddot laugh

Y/N: "wait. why aren't u sharing dorms wi dd?"

DDOT: "ian get ta pick"

Y/N: "ion think anybody did..."

DDOT: "so you n dd sort out yall shit?"

Y/N: "i guess. he prolly js forgot about it so i should move on too"

DDOT: "yall should talk it out"

Y/N: "soo ian talk to u in 6 months and NOW u
a therapist assum?"

DDOT: "js sayinn. 'long as we cool tho."

Y/N: "we are."

the meeting began by the campus owner tellin us the rules about where we were staying, then some of the teachers explained how classes were gonna work. it was a long ass speach too. they lost me 5 minutes in.

3:11 PM

theys speach was finally over. i stood up and walked down the steps to get to the exit and go back to the dorms before lunch. i walked past dd n micah tryna act like i didn see them but dd did.

DD: "Y/N"

i turned around and waited for a sec while he walked up to me with micah.

DD: "this is micah, hes from prep but he ain like the other boujie kids"

MICAH: "damn thas what yall call us?"

Y/N: "mhhmm."

MICAH: "u still mad at me?"

DD: "what?"

Y/N: "nah it's chill."

DD: "yo-"

Y/N: "ima be in the dorm."

DD: "i was jus gon ask if micah can hangout in our dorm fora bit"

Y/N: "yeah ion care."

DD: "igh.. we gon get sm ta eat, you want anything?"

Y/N: "nah."

my ex? in my dorm? i can't have nothin to myself huh. micah and dd left the auditorium to the cafe i followed them out and went back to our dorm.

DORM

i got my phone out of the front pocket of my bag and sat down on the floor, leaning on my bed. i tried scrolling on tiktok to make myself laugh n clear my head. but all i could think about was sincere. why'd i have to not be home the one time she is?

all that left my mind when i heard dd walk into the dorm with micah. now that i couldn't leave my room, i decided to try n look for what was making my room smell like jeffery dahmers refrigerator.

after searching and cleaning for a while, i found a DEAD RAT GETTIN A TAN ON MY WINDOW SHELF.

Y/N: "AAAAAAAAAH"

dd quickly rushed into my room with micah

DD: "wha happened??"

Y/N: "DEY GOT RODENTS IN DIS SHIT"

MICAH: "ouu.. dont touch that y/n"

Y/N: "NIGGA IS YOU OUT YO LIGHTSKIN MIND?"

DD: "go in my room y/n, i'll go find somebody ta sort it out without y'all gettin rabies"

i picked up my phone from my bed and went into dd's room while they went to find a janitor.

i love that dd cares again, and i want it to stay that way. but i couldnt stop thinking about what ddot said. we DO need to talk it out. without making everything else akward.

───────────── 💌
question for the readers

should DD and Y/N talk out their past or forget about it and move on?