(Chapter 27)

It was quiet...

Truly quiet.

But it wasn't a bad thing, for quietness and being still in the night brings harmony.

Speechless the boy weakly walked towards the kylin, with his strength faded, he gives in as the emotion he held back for a long time was released.

He too got in his knees, and asked. "Is it really true?" His voice trembled wishing if this was a dream, then he wouldn't wake up. "Yes." Leizi grabbed his shoulder and pulled closed to her for an embrace. "I've finally found you little brother."

"After all this time..." Lucas started to sob, like a child has found his mother.

"Lucas, we need to work together if we wanna take down Solomon, if it's revenge you seek, then it's better to be teamed up." Ch'en stated and crossed her arms. "Furthermore you won't be working as LGD, but as a Rhodes Island operator."

"Rhodes Island, huh..." Wiping his tears away the two siblings stand up and turned to the lung. "I guess that works." Satisfied he has agreed to the condition.

"Plus there's more than meets the eye about that pharmaceutical company." Leizi added.

He gave a nod as he is ready to listen. "I'm all ears..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I miss the place, oh good thing I didn't have to tidy things up."

Ch'en then invited them to her place, as it was the safest option for Lucas to reside for the night.

"Are you trying to say that i don't clean?" Ch'en pointed out as the boy shrugs. "Ain't that the truth?"

A pout came from the lung as she stormed upstairs to get changed, it made Lucas chuckle a bit, he then took off his coat and went to the kitchen to see his sister preparing for their dinner.

"Hey there need some help?"

"Ah good timing, can you chop those green onions, I'm making some hot chicken soup." Leizi said washing the raw chicken.

"Sure, and it's very perfect for a cold night."

Joining in, he lined up the vegetables and one by one cleanly chops them. "So i guess starting today I'm gonna call you Sis." He break the ice.

"Either is fine." Placing the chicken in a pot. She filled with water with just the right amount, and added some spices.

Lucas passed the bowl filled with chopped vegetables, then move on to the next task. "Of course we can't leave some hot rice behind."

Filling the pot with water, he too washed the rice as it was always part of the procedure, dumping the used water off, he refilled it once again with a clean one. "Alright, now it's time to cook.

30 minutes later

Ch'en came down from her room now on her casual clothing with blue sweater on her top. The problem is her bottom as she is wearing mini-shorts and Lucas doesn't know where to look.

"Wow, that smells good." At thee table the two had already prepared the food and waiting for the lung to come out.

"Well then..." Lucas grabbed the chopsticks and passed them to the two girls. "Let's dig in. Thee trio said in sync as the enjoyed the meal for the night.

Leizi after taking three bites paused then called the two for attention. "When i said earlier that Rhodes Island has more than meets the eye, it's time that i tell you two."