V calling.....Birthday Girl!

Dedicated to QuirkyKatana whose outstanding personality taught me that "Different is the new cool" , who cares about photocopies anyway? :P

The voice chuckled, " This is RJ V and I am here to wish you a happy, happy, happy and happiest birthday."

What on Earth?! I definitely suffered a minor heart attack.

" I am sorry, who?"

" RJ V. I host the show,the voice of the night."

" I know who he is. I am asking, who are you?" I was hoping that my voice held my utter annoyance. Do people seriously think that I am stupid enough to be pranked into believing that some random guy was the great and mighty RJ V? I mean, his voice was nice and suave as V's but still....

" Rj V never ever calls his viewers. So you, sir, better start speaking before I call women empowerment cell."

The voice on the other end paused and finally said, " You really don't believe me, do you? Why don't you turn on the radio, Kathy?"

" Sorry what...?"

" Just do it."

I walked over to the radio, very confused and switched on the channel.

" Now do you believe me?" The voice from the radio and my cell said at the same time.

"Bloody hell! How...?" I trailed off, flabbergasted, stunned, dumbfounded, stupefied... well, you get the picture don't you.

His laugh echoed, a laugh which was strangely similar- I just don't remember why.

"You see, my e-mail account was spammed by your dear friends Vir and Dave and all the mails held the message- Call our friend Kathy and wish her a happy, happy, happy and happiest birthday. So, I decided why not make an exception this time and do them this favour. So, our dear birthday girl, I hope you enjoy your 19th birthday."

"Th-thank you." I stumbled over my own words. Damn! " I am a really huge fan of yours V. Your voice is like Magic." I spoke and I was dead sure that I might feel embarrassed later.

" Thank you, Kathy. I must say good bye now. So, this was the last segment of the day, dear listeners. I hope we meet again- same time, tomorrow. Good night!"

Some advertisement started to play out on the radio but no engaged tone was heard on the other side of the call.

I waited, my mouth becoming dry, he has not cut the call yet but he should, shouldn't he?

The silence was broken, " You are still there, Kathy?"

"Yes." My voice could not go any lower.

" You really do like my voice?" He did not sounded amused or even cocky, he was just... puzzled.

" Very much." I ran a hand up and down my arms, the night was suddenly colder.

" Why?" Puzzled indeed.

" Why not? Actually it is not just your voice, I mean it is great and all but what is really alluring is you, the part of you we see through your advices. It feels like you have been through a lot, like you know what you are talking about."

A pause. All I could hear was the sound of my own breathing as I waited. My pulse had picked up and my hands were sweaty.

" If I would have really been this experienced then I would not have been talking to you. I am not meant to be talking to you."

" But I like talking to you."

There was a sigh. Maybe he feels the same way as I do.

'Sure, like he even knows that you exist.'