Chapter 24-The abandoned warehouse

"So how do we get Stefan away from Klaus and Rebekah?" I asked Katherine as we stood just on the opposite side of the place where Rebekah, Klaus and Stefan had gone shopping.

Katherine chewed on her lip, deep in thought, "You do have his number don't you?"

"Of course I do," I admitted. I still had his number.

"Well, then call him," Katherine shrugged as if that was the simplest thing to do.

"You do realise that Stefan is in there with two Originals right? They'll be able to hear everything!"

"Text him then. Does he have your number?" Kat paused to see my response and when I just shrugged, she sighed and continued, "Never mind, just tell him to come outside and tell him that it's urgent."

"And what do we do after that? Feed him sleeping pills? Or hit his head to knock him unconscious?" I asked.

"We'll figure that out later. Just....let's concentrate on luring him out here first."

"Alright," I said, getting my new phone out of my pocket with a slight smile.

He crept into the abandoned warehouse, a machete in hand, and paused for a second when he noticed the coffin near the corner of the warehouse. Putting his hand through his hair he continued forward, anxious to see what was in the coffin.

What he found inside the coffin took him by surprise. There was a pale, almost mummified looking corpse in there with some kind of a weapon stuck inside its chest, right where its heart was supposed to be.

It was not a pleasant sight to look at and sheer curiosity was what stopped him from slamming the lid of the coffin shut. He took out the weapon from the corpse's chest and observed it. It was a dagger, he realised dryly, coated with the corpse's blood.

Quickly closing the lid of the coffin, he realised that he had been misinformed. As far as he had observed, there were no vampires here and he'd basically driven this far in the dead of the night for nothing.

How convenient!  

Stepping out of the warehouse, he cursed. How was he supposed to concentrate on his important mission when hunters all around kept asking him for favours and last minute hunts? He was supposed to be staying on the down low for god's sake!

Walking away from the warehouse without a backwards glance, he sat in his truck, banging the door close as loudly as possible. This old rust bucket was giving him a complexion. Hell, this whole damn job was giving him a complexion. Since when had vampires been a hunter's concern anyway?

They had gone extinct quite a while back and were now only referred to as myths, as far as he was concerned. So he'd been shocked when a hunter he'd been great friends with back in the day but didn't talk to anymore had called him and told him that this was an absolute emergency.

That's probably what retirement does to a hunter.

After all, what would he do when he was old enough for this crap? He knew that the ideal response would be that he would never ever be old enough for this crap, but he had to be realistic about this.

Sighing, he swore when he realised that he'd left his machete back in that warehouse.

I am never forgiving you for this one Elkins! Daniel owed him more than just a beer this time.

Walking back to the warehouse tiredly, he continued to think about retirement. What will I do when I become old and frail and weak?

He definitely wouldn't continue hunting. He would put his own life and the lives of other innocent people on the line if he did.

Probably let my boys handle it, he thought with a smile.

This hunter had been so quick to escape the warehouse, closing the lid before taking a second look at the corpse that he hadn't realised what he'd missed. For starters, he hadn't noticed the stab wound on the corpse's chest healing or the way that the corpse had slowly started looking more like a human and less like a corpse.

The man, who'd been a corpse just seconds earlier, now pushed the lid off and jumped out of the coffin, crouching down on all fours as he sensed someone approaching. Just seconds later the door to the warehouse was thrown wide open and in walked John Winchester.

A/N: Thank you guys for all your support. I really appreciate it. I also wanted to mention that I am going to finish this story off in a couple of chapters, but not to worry because there is going to be a sequel. If you guys want one that is. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I wonder how many of you realised who this hunter was before I mentioned the name.