Ch 56: Expected and Unexpected Friends

Legosi pulled up and parked his motorcycle outside the building with a massive name written all over it. He was almost immediately swarmed by a pack of canines that were happily sniffing, talking and wagging their tails.

See, Legosi had agreed to go to B-Strike with the 701 boys on a Saturday for once. Usually he wouldn't be in the City over weekends, but he'd gotten permission from his grandfather and the added information that there wasn't much to do in the Market this weekend.

Legosi followed the five as they checked in and went to a specific room. Legosi followed the others to what he assumed was a locker room and changed into comfortable clothes to run in that wouldn't cause them to overheat. Then he followed them back to the original room.

There was a bunch of canine things that Legosi assumed was for playing, but half of the stuff he didn't even recognise and Jack seemed to pick up on it immediately when he saw Legosi frowning. Jack bounded over as the other four started playing with the automatic tennis ball launcher.

"What's got you confused Lego-face?" Jack asked and Legosi tilted his head down at the shorter canine. Legosi offered a chuckle that hopefully came across as awkward, before saying, "I just realised, apart from roughhousing, I don't know how canines play."

Jack offered a chuckle, placing his hand on Legosi's wrist to drag him over to where the others were running back with a tennis ball. "You've probably chased tennis balls before?" Jack offered and Legosi nodded, "Yeah, my brother tends to throw them at the most inconvenient times." Jack chuckled and soon Legosi was playing along with them.

Legosi was careful not to run into any of the others, unless he risks hurting them. He was bigger and had a lot more muscle, so he didn't want to injure them. Jumping over Durham and Miguno, Legosi grabbed the ball out of thin air. He had to twist and kick himself off the wall to avoid colliding with it before running back. Jack was closest to his speed, even if he wasn't running to his full capability.

When they all caught up and Legosi dropped the ball into the launcher, Jack let out a laugh, "See, you're doing great!" Jack almost tackled Legosi as he excitedly jumped next to the wolf, just glad that Legosi was actually playing with them again. He's been more distant from the group lately and Jack had started to become nervous that they would lose him as a friend.

The day was fun and all and Collot even convinced Legosi to play tug of war with him, or what Collot called jaw wars. Legosi won easily enough, but he gave enough leeway for Collot to have fun with it. Overall the day had gone by without trouble.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

"Do you think they'll be okay?" Sora asked as Louis directed the two of them down a small alleyway. "I'm sure they'll be fine. Worst case scenario is that they don't talk the entire time from their introverted tendencies," Louis answered, getting a chuckle out of Sora.

They were on their way to the ice cream shop just outside of the Market. Louis wanted to treat Sora to a somewhat normal afternoon, since she was still young and deserved a break from Market life, especially after what she's told him the last time the four of them went drinking.

"I hope so, they seem to get along, all things considered," Sora said as she followed Louis. She wasn't sure where they were going, but she trusted Louis enough to not be worried about it.

They were both casually dressed, so no one gave them a second glance when they entered the ice cream shop. The old badger was still running the till, but their kid now did all the waitering. Louis greeted them both with a wave as they entered the shop.

"An ice cream shop?" Sora asks as they get in line. Louis shrugged, "I thought you deserved an afternoon of doing something a normal teenager would. The last couple months have been hectic." Sora gave him a relieved smile.