18 ¦ Hurtful Actions

Start from the beginning

I saw an employee with a cleaning cart drive past our hallway and quickly went after her. The friendly woman described the way exactly and I found the garden after a short time. Or should I say the most picturesque place in the world. Seriously, this place was more elegant than anything I had ever seen before.

In front of me was a huge wide white staircase with ornate railings, which first led to a gravel path. This was surrounded by hedges and rose bushes. Elaborately designed lampions hung everywhere and lanterns were also on every corner. 

A few hotel guests seemed to be taking their nightly walks here as well, while quietly talking and laughing. On the sides were small tables, with candles. However, they were no longer inside the garden, but just outside it. What a quaint Hollywood place. 

All of a sudden I noticed how inappropriately dressed I was compared to the people in evening dress. I was wearing white sleep shorts, hastily pulled-on sneakers, and a long-sleeved gray lace top. 

Oh well, never mind. They should report me for causing a public nuisance with inappropriate clothing! Was me now also cordially indifferent. I got a few puzzled looks thrown at me as I hopped down the wide stairs, but ignored them skillfully. 

From the many loudspeakers at the lanterns, which were distributed in the large garden sounded heavenly River Flows In You by Yiruma. Somehow the song suited the quiet atmosphere of the garden. 

I disappeared down the gravel path of the garden, leaving most people behind. Knowing Jay, he was in some quiet place where we could talk undisturbed. How appropriate, because I really had a lot of desire to look for him in this maze of plants. 

"Yooo... Little Jay, where are you?" I whispered to myself for fun.

After wandering back and forth for a while, I entered a huge square through a large hedge arch. This was covered with grass and my feet were recovering from the bumpy, uneven gravel path. Here were several fountains and also a metal bench, on which, no wonder, sat a waiting Jay.

Just as I was walking towards him, suddenly the fountains started. I jumped backwards slightly in shock and landed on my butt. 'Pretty hot entrance' my inner voice praised me. 

I quickly stood up and looked at Jay, who suddenly laughed out loud. I had never seen him laugh like that before. He seemed to really enjoy it this time that I had been clumsy again. Somehow I liked this smile more than his self-confident macho grin. For a brief moment I had to laugh too, but then hid it again. 

"Hey, that's not funny!" I said in a semi-serious tone. Jay looked at me in amazement and replied, "Oh, no?" 

"No! Now let's get to the important stuff!" I sat down next to him on the varnished bench and stretched for a moment. 

He nodded and said, "Go ahead, why did you call me here 007?"

I rolled my eyes and said seriously, "It's, well because of..." Well now it was kind of embarrassing to say that I felt sorry for Heeseung in this whole situation because I liked him a little bit, especially in front of Jay. 

"Heeseung?" Jay asked, looking at me with a grin. My face suddenly got all hot and I didn't know what to say. 

"Y-y-you knew that?" 

Laughing, he scratched his head and replied, "I wasn't born yesterday, you'd better ask yourself who in our group doesn't know! From the looks of it, you really like him, don't you?" 

I looked to the side, embarrassed, and fiddled with a strand of my hair. I really didn't want to talk about this with Jay. He was one of the guys I didn't want to show weakness in front of, but somehow there was some other feeling I couldn't quite interpret. 

All of a sudden he pinched my cheek and purred, "Awww... the tough little Mira is embarrassed for once! It's uncomfortable for you, isn't it? You're usually all tom-boy, but you're just a girl after all, like everyone else, and with a crush to boot." 

I slapped his hand away and nagged, "Yo, don't push it, Jay! I don't really know, okay! I'd just rather tell Heeseung about our plan, okay? Otherwise he'll smash something and it'll be for nothing. Would that work?" 

Jay sprawled on the bench and threw his head back. "Well, if the horse can keep his trap shut and promises you on high not to tell anyone, it would be okay. Tell him, though, that if he messes up our plan, I'll take care of him myself!" 

After those words, I smiled happily and said, "Okay, if it's just that. When you get right back upstairs, can you please send him down here?" 

Jay nodded and stood up. "Of course, but finally get something on Joshua in your room today!" He ordered sternly.

I replied, "Well, sure! I wasn't born yesterday either. I'll definitely get it right this time!" 

Jay nodded and added with a grin, "Oh, and don't make out too hard right away, yeah! Surely you don't want any kids yet, do you?" With that, he disappeared into the plant maze. What an idiot... What kind of person did he think I was? 

I enjoyed the silence and listened to the melody of River Flows In You, which seemed to be playing here on a continuous loop. I got up from the bench and walked toward one of the white diving fountains. Carefully, I dipped my hand into the water and destroyed my reflection. I wondered how Heeseung would react to our plan. Happy? Relieved? Annoyed because we hadn't told him? I didn't know...