iii. THE OTHER ONE

NOW WHAT AM I GONNA DO FOR 15 MINUTES, Joker thought.

He didn't realize that he actually had more time left than he originally thought. Joker thought that his session would have been over in the next five minutes— the clock must've been wrong. That was the problem. Right? He didn't hallucinate the clock showing the wrong time because that's what he wanted to see.

He wanted to see Jack. He's been waiting to see Jack since he woke up. That's the only thing he has to look forward to.

Wake up.

Have breakfast in your cell.

Stay in your room.

See the psychiatrist.

Have lunch with everyone.

Have group therapy.

Go to the yard to work out— which he didn't.

Have dinner by yourself.

Get ready for bed.

And go to sleep.

That's all he did, all day, everyday, for the past 17 years.

He still can't believe that he'd hallucinate something as stupid as that.

Did he really wanna see Jack that bad?

No, he didn't.

He didn't.

It was just a stupid hallucination.

Joker's hallucinations haven't been as... extreme, he would say. He truly didn't realize that he was hallucinating Sophie until he broke into her home. He hasn't had any of those types since 2001. Now that he's actually being forced to take his meds, his hallucinations have been... he doesn't know the correct word to describe it. Bothersome? Not dangerous, he guessed. At least they weren't dangerous.

Joker was back in his cell. That kid in the cell across him was nowhere to be seen. He assumed that he must be getting evaluated by a nurse, or by the physician. Looks like he needed it anyways.

He was going to try as hard as possible to avoid that kid, but something inside him told him that it would be impossible.

He was going to bite off another finger if that kid kept calling him that name.

That horrid name.

That... that fake name.

Joker was his real name. Sure, it wasn't his legal name, but it was his name. It's not like he'd ever be able to change his legal name. Not after what he did. Multiple life sentences, plus the extra charges for what he did while he had escaped. No way in Hell would Gotham let him change his name.

He wishes he had his face paint. Every time he breaks out, he has to buy a new set. Once The Batman catches his ass— like he always does— the cops take away his makeup and take it as evidence. It's the same shit everytime. He was tired of it.

But he'd see Jack soon, and Jack always knew how to sneak things in. One of his goons would send it to him on the down low.

Eight more minutes, he thought.

Eight more fucking minutes.

★★★

The doors finally unlocked by themselves. A guard came to Joker's door and escorted him outside his cell.

"What happened in the doctor's," the guard asked.

He was the same one who originally brought him back from Dr. Quinzel's office.