Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend

Start from the beginning

"There's a lot to hate about you, Krinos," he jokingly glared at the nature mage.

Krinos shrugged, smirking. "I tease everyone about their love lives, so you're not alone with how I tease you."

"I will feel so bad for your sister once Melody starts dating," Harry said.

"Melody can handle herself perfectly fine," Krinos says. "I once saw her sonic scream a demon through three separate walls. If anything, I would be more worried about the person dating her than I would my sister."

"You're a strange guy, I hope you know that," Harry stated.

"I've been called worse," Krinos chuckled. "You should hear what most demons call me."

"Given how many you have told me you've vanquished, it does not surprise me that they would not have anything nice to say," Harry snickered.

"Well, they deserve to be vanquished," Krinos shrugged. "Demons are literally beings of pure evil. They don't have souls. The only ones that are not a bother are the ones that stay down in the Underworld."

"I hope that none show up while we're here," Harry says. "I doubt that anyone from Hogwarts would be able to handle them."

"You have no idea, Harry," Krinos tells him. "Demons are ruthless creatures that do not know the meeting of the word 'mercy.' They don't care if someone can fight back or not. They will kill anyone and everyone they come across."

"Are demons really that bad," Harry asks him. "I am not trying to say you don't know what you're talking about. I am just saying that because I have never heard of demons before."

"When I said that demons are being of pure evil, I was not kidding," Krinos said. "They really are the most horrible creatures that anyone could come across. And that is not even an opinion. It's a fact."

"Are there different types of demons," Harry was curious. "Like how there are different types of dragons?"

Krinos nodded. "There are dozens of different kinds of demons out there. And the more powerful they are, the worse they get. Probably the closest that a demon can come to being harmless would be the Scavenger Demon. They are mostly known for eating the leftovers that another demon has left behind."

"Gross," Harry cringed.

"That is not even the worse part," Krinos says. "The worst part would be that Scavengers explode into green slime when they're vanquished. It's disgusting and so hard to get out of both clothes and hair."

(AN: The demons are from the original version of the magical TV show, Charmed. I do not own them.)

"At least they are not as bad as other demons you have faced," Harry said. "At least, I think so. I am guessing when I say that."

"Scavengers are more gross than they are dangerous," Krinos says. "Other demons that have specific targets, as well as specific powers, are the ones that are more dangerous."

"Such as which demons," Harry loved learning all of this.

"Well, probably one of the most dangerous, as well as one of the most annoying, demons that I have faced was the demon of fear," Krinos tells him.

"Just from that title alone, I already know that demon is definitely not one to be messed with," Harry says.

"I find him more annoying because he has this nasty habit of never staying vanquished no matter how many times we've sent him away in a literal ball of flames," Krinos was definitely annoyed at the demon. "But even then, his powers are terrifying. He is not only able to know what your greatest fear is, but he can bring it to life."