Chapter 7

"We are going to bomb the BRC!"

I concluded my message and placed the transmitter on the floor of the speeder, smashing it with the heel of my shoe. Now, all that's left is to get to the factory and pray they will show up.

The next ten minutes were spent haphazardly changing out of my evening outfit and pulling out every hairpin, as painful as it was but also felt liberating. After putting on my dress and wrap-around shoes, I turned in my seat, grabbed the middle cushion, lifted it, and pulled out the last element I needed for this mission, the bag of thermal detonators I had received yesterday. Since my mom and dad frequently visited the heart of Gesco City and the Capital, if one of the detonators were to go off, the action could easily be connected to the criminal activity in such cities. Crimes like that have happened on occasion.

"Alright," I said to myself, "time to make this Empire Day one to remember." I lifted the cover on the speeder and jumped out, making a dash from the vehicle before I was spotted. I carefully maneuvered through the city, avoiding the crowds, toward the border of the Yellow District. It was a miracle that I wasn't seen, but thankfully the Stormtroopers were too preoccupied with the festivities and crowd control.

After 20 minutes of sneaking through the district, I finally reached the meeting spot, a single post with the light fixture half painted yellow and red to divide the two districts that resides a few kilometers from the BRC campus. I hid in one of the nearby alleys while I waited for reinforcements.

About ten minutes passed by, then thirty, then fifty. During that time, pessimism and doubt rose within me.

"What was I thinking?" my inner thoughts criticized. "This was a terrible idea. This plan is too dangerous, and there's no way they would risk their mission to help me with my grievance." I began to lose my rash enthusiasm and was about to leave when I heard the sound of incoming footsteps. I quickly adjusted my hood and mask before peeking from the corner of the alleyway. A medium-sized group was wearing dark, slightly tattered clothing and holding many weapons, heading toward the post. This had to be them. Mustering as much confidence as possible, I emerge slightly from my hiding place and signal them to my position. The ringleader notices me immediately and gestures for the rest of the group to follow.

"I have to admit; I am surprised you came." I started, lowering my voice in pitch.

The ringleader nodded. "I had to convince a few higher-ups to execute this op. But, we decided that after all you've done for our cause, we owed you. Now, tell us how we can help ruin their Empire Day."

"Let's head to the compound. I'll explain more once we're close enough." I led them to the perimeter fencing of the Corp. and scanned the area, looking for another entry point where we won't be spotted. Near the edge of the ring, where the Capital met the forest, there was enough vegetation to give us cover, so I stopped everyone and gathered them into a huddle.

"Okay, listen up." I pulled up the campus' holo-schematics and placed it on the ground. "As you may know, the Imperials have control over the BRC industry and the largest independent repulser-coil manufacturer here, but I've recently got word that they purchased all businesses on the planet that produce it." I heard a couple of gasps and whispers among the group.

"So now they have control over the planet's central resource." A twi'lek declared and looked at me in disbelief/anger.

"I'm afraid so," I confirmed. "I'm not exactly sure why they need so much in production, but they must be building something big—enough to control the entire Galaxy. I won't let that happen, so the plan is to cripple their most crucial production source." I pointed to the complex behind us.