Trix's POV

I ordered blueberry waffles and a cappuccino while Farah ordered Belgian chocolate waffles and a cup of green tea.

"So Trix, what's up? How's your mom, is she doing well?", Farah asked.

"I'm fine, just busy. My mom is fine. She still misses dad. I told her to try moving on though.", I replied.

"Oh okay. Hope she moves on soon. She might get too hung up on it. You still doing that part-time job? I heard it gets pretty busy there.", Farah asked.

"I still work there. Once I saved up a lot of money, I will probably quit and look for a better job.", I replied.

Our food arrived and we started eating silently. We finished our food in a few minutes and we sip our drinks little by little.

"You think I can apply for a part-time job there, too? I need to save up for some concert tickets.", Farah asked.

"The reason for saving up is really funny. Sure you can! I can ask Joe about it later when my shift starts.", I said.

I check my watch and it's almost time for class to start. Farah pays for our lunch and we leave the café, heading towards the lab to work on our weapons again.

I spent the whole afternoon placing the parts where the weapon will change form. I heave out a big sigh and wipe the sweat on my forehead. My work shift starts at 4 PM so I have to leave soon. I get an exit pass and place my name on it. I hand it to the teacher and checks on my progress. She says I can continue it tomorrow and leave now. I seal my weapon inside the container with my password again and gather my things. I say goodbye to Farah and the teacher before going out of the lab.

Since I still had a few minutes left before my shift, I practice my restoration magic. I park my motorbike at the coffee shop and walk around town. I look for things to restore or fix. I found a crumbling wall at the back alley. I use my magic to fix it. The wall slowly becomes fixed.

Unknown POV

I was on the roof, keeping a lookout for another hero fight. I sighed as I could not find any. I looked down and saw a girl using restoration magic to fix a crumbling wall. I leave my mouth hanging and quickly contact the head of my crew, letting him know I found someone who could use restoration magic. He told me to get her to join us. I told him that we probably do not need anyone to join anymore but he insisted on letting me recruit her. I sigh and tell him I will do that. I climb down the roof on the emergency ladder and follow the girl.

Trix's POV

I finished restoring the wall and looked for more things to fix. I sense someone f0llowing me so I looked back. No one was there. I then continued my search. I found a broken staircase and I was about to use my magic when suddenly, a man grabbed my arm and started running along the sidewalk.

"Hey! What's the big deal? What do you want from me?", I yelled.

"Just follow me. I have to bring you to my boss. He needs you.", he said.

"I have to go to work. Does it have to be now?", I asked.

"Yes. He does not like waiting. You will find out why once we're there.", he replied.

We ran towards a light blue building and we went inside. He led me to a big office and went to a room.

"Wait here. I will just call him to come here.", he said.

I crossed my arms and sat in the room, waiting for him to arrive. I look around the room and see pictures of some recent hero fights near this city. There was also a picture in a picture frame with a group of people smiling at the camera. I picked it up and saw the guy who grabbed me earlier there. He looked younger in the photo. I messaged Joe, letting him know I have to cancel my shift today since I was busy. He messaged back, telling me that it's okay and to make sure to go on my next shift or he will lessen my salary.

I sighed and kept my phone in my pocket. A man entered and the other man who led me here as well. He looked middle-aged and was wearing formal clothes.

"Hello there! What's your name?", the man asked.

"I am Trixia but everyone calls me Trix. Why am I here?", I said.

"I am Sir Watts but you can call me Jack. You are here because we need you for this job. The reason is because you have restoration magic and it will be a big help.", Jack explained.

"What's the job you offer? What can I help you with?", I asked.

"We are the Superhero Cleaning Crew. I am the head and this man will show you the ropes later. We basically do the clean up after a hero and villain fight. We use restoration magic to fix the areas that have been damaged and some of us use healing powers to treat the injured. One of my members saw you using restoration magic to fix a crumbling wall and called me right away. I hope you accept this job.", Jack said.

"Oh okay. How much do I earn? Are there shifts?", I asked.

"You will be earning a lot actually since some of them are major fights. So you will be getting around a thousand dollars or more. It depends on the amount of damages fixed. Some civilians also give us tips when we heal them. There are no shifts. You will be called upon when we need you. We usually work once a fight ends.", Jack explained.

"Wow that's a lot of money for a salary. Okay I will take this job. When do I start?", I said.

"That's great! You can start now. Derek here will take you there.", Jack beamed.