1

Trix's POV

I have always dreamt of becoming a superhero. I loved watching the news about heroes saving the day. When I was young, I would wear superhero costumes and go to parties, celebrating the hero's victory. I would talk about some of the famous heroes with my friends. Some people called me a geek for knowing so much.

You start developing powers when you are 16 years old. When I turned 16, I got restoration magic and healing powers. During that time, I was happy with what I got but I wished I got some kind of power that could save the day. I even prayed every day that I would get better powers. I then realized that maybe those are the only powers I get so I eventually got over my sadness.

I recently turned 18 and I am studying in a tech college. I applied for a course in bioelectric engineering in weapons. I wanted to be of some help to the heroes who rely on weapons when they fight. Since my dad left us, I had to help my mom financially. I applied for a part-time job in a coffee shop which was a few blocks away from the college I study in.

When I have free time, I practice restoration magic in secret by going around town to find broken things or buildings to fix. My mom doesn't like me using my powers at home. When you turn 70 years old, your powers go away. My mom lost her powers last year. She also had restoration magic just like me, but she didn't get healing powers. I probably got that from my dad.

At night, I would sometimes imagine what it would like to be a superhero. Those people who got powers that could help defeat villains go to a specific school to train in. They have teachers who used to be famous superheroes who could help you fight or defend in a fight. Back then, I really wanted a cool power like ice or fire powers. But now that I'm older, I don't know what I want. There's so many different kinds of powers you could get.

I lay in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. I stuck on some glow-in-the-dark stars and some superhero posters on it a few years ago to liven up my room. I checked the time on my phone and it was almost 10 PM. I had to get some sleep so I closed all of the lights in the room using the remote and turned on my speaker. I played some calming music before going to sleep.