Chapter12: She Said, He Said

You looked up into Donna's eye, you could see your reflection in the obsidian. A soft sigh escaped you before you leaned up and captured her lips again, this time lingering on their warmth and softness. Your hand crept up to the side of her unmasked face, holding it gently as her uninjured hand rested on top of yours. When you broke the kiss you remained close to her, feeling her breath brush against your nose and cheeks; it smelled surprisingly minty.

"I'm not leaving you Donna." You whispered.

The clearing of a throat jolted you away from her and spring your head toward Angie who stood there with a fist on her hip.

"Excuse me for interrupting...whatever this is. Mother Miranda just called, she wishes to see the both of you."

"Now?" You squeaked.

"First thing in the morning. With the other lords."

It felt as though your heart would burst through your chest in anxiety, she knew now and your mind was rampant with worry. Would she kick you out of the village? Where would you go? What about Donna? You had feelings and needed time to figure it out, and clearly Donna had some semblance of feelings too. You turned to look at Donna but she hadn't stopped looking at you, her facial expression was still the same as well, she looked alarmingly calm. She stood abruptly and you dropped your hands to keep the bucket of water from spilling, you watched her pace around the room for a brief moment before she paused in front of you.

"Thank you for helping me with my arm. I suggest we get some rest, I'll wake you in the morning."

She fixed her shirt and jacket then walked away with long, fast, strides leaving you alone with Angie. You picked up the bucket of bloody water and strolled past Angie then stood in front of the elevator to come back up. Angie stood next to you in silence but you knew she had some sarcastic remark brewing inside her head. The elevator door opened and you stepped in with her, the two of you rode down then she followed you to the kitchen as you dumped the water. It wasn't until you tried to leave that she blocked your path, you huffed in frustration.

"Angie. I'm muddy, sore, and tired. I just want to go to bed before I face my doom tomorrow."

"You're turning your butt around and going into her room even if I have to lock you in. Take it from an old woman, don't let this opportunity pass you by."

Your face became hot and you flustered in surprise, "can I at least bathe first?"

Angie narrowed her eyes at you then moved out of your way, she followed you to the bathroom, brought you a change of clothes, then "escorted" you back down to Donna's room. You looked back at her as she stood in the archway to the kitchen before you sighed under your breath and knocked on the door. As if she was waiting, the door swung open to reveal Donna, she was wearing some skin-tight shorts, and a long sleeved shirt with her hair covered in a towel. Your face felt hot again as you wrung the bottom of your shirt in your hands, you peaked behind your shoulder to see Angie had disappeared. When you met Donna's gaze again she was smiling a little, the corner of her mouth curved upward the tiniest bit.

"Um..Angie made me come here."

"I see. Why is that?" She asked almost smugly while she leaned against the doorframe with her good arm.

"I'm guessing she wants us to spend the night together."

Donna hummed humorously then moved out of the way and motioned for you to come in, you walked in and stood awkwardly in her room. She had a large bed on the right side wall with a floral design comforter, two nightstands on the sides, a large rug at the end, and a tall dresser on the left wall. Donna walked past you to the wall directly opposite you, there was a door there that you presumed was the bathroom. She unraveled her hair from the towel, it cascaded down her back and she pulled it over her shoulder. You couldn't help but stare as she stood in front of a small dresser with boxes on top; she tied her hair into a braid that rested on her shoulder. She turned around and caught you staring which made you look away quickly, you heard her chuckle under her breath then the shuffling of sheets.