Toadsworth returned to his seat. “Aside from asking for aid, they wish to know when that beastly scoundrel will be punished.”

Peach narrowed her eyes. “With the combined efforts of the Royal Guard and other soldiers from the neighboring kingdoms, the Koopa Army has been successfully subdued and removed from the floating fortress,” she said. “With no possible chance of help and his royal advisor debilitated, Bowser is ready to face trial.”

“I shall start the trial arrangements swiftly! The faster he and his people receive punishment, the faster we may return to normal and more comfortably aid the two masters.”

Peach nodded her head, an unreadable expression masking her face. The royal advisor continued. “We may not be able to send them home, but we will most certainly help them acclimate to this world.”

“Absolutely.”

Toadsworth fiddled with his mustache, relief written all over his features. Princess Peach suspects he must have been worried sick all morning. He had every right to be worried. Dealing with the princess’ emotions was a delicate matter. The two discussed matters of reconstruction, formulating plans for supply routes, and other matters. Two hours later, the Mushroom ruler was armed with a rebuilding plan and a court date. In two days, she will face the evil Koopa King and emerge victorious once again.

The rushed tapping of feet alerted them. Toadette threw open the doors, her face red as she struggled to regain her breath. Toadsworth stood up, “What is the meaning of this?! I will not tolerate such brashness before the princess!” he shouted.

Toadette panted. “My deepest apologies, your Highness! I have great news!” she exclaimed.

Princess Peach stood up. “What is it, Toadette?”

“Master Luigi’s fever has finally broken!”

The two exchanged a look, then rushed out of the room.
                                                                        [xxx]
            Luigi’s body hurt. He felt like he got hit by a bus. The room was spinning and he was drenched in sweat; Luigi was in serious need of water. His stomach grumbled. L scanned the room, perplexed by the emptiness and sterility. Something sat on his forehead. He gently touched it and realized it was a wet cloth; the man also noted he was buried under blankets.

Oh! He was in an infirmary.

Luigi sat up in his bed, scratching his head. How did he get sick? He had been perfectly fine yesterday. Perhaps it was the unusual food he ate? Ugh, his head was pounding. The light in the room felt like it was too bright. He gently pushed the blankets back.

Wham!

The door to his room flew open, causing the enervated man to yelp and jump. Mario leaned on the door, trying to catch his breath. Quick tapping of heels also alerted the approaching princess. Regaining some energy, Mario stumbled forward and wrapped him in a hug. Luigi fought back the wave of nausea that washed over him and hugged his brother back. The older twin sighed in relief. “Come stai, fratello mio? Do you feel better?” he asked.

Luigi groaned. “Dizzy… What happened?”

Mario leaned on the bed. “... What do you remember?” 

Luigi twiddled with his thumbs, struggling to come up with a proper answer. He mostly remembered the party and the light show, but when he tried to remember the events after he drew a blank. A sense of dread settled into his bones. He opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by the doors opening once again.

Princess Peach entered his room, Toadsworth and Toadette hot on her heels. Even in his enervated state, Luigi found comfort seeing her. Peach gave him a gentle smile. "Luigi, you're okay!" she exclaimed.