𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠 --✈︎

Rooster got married to Dani a year after the mission.
And a few months later she was pregnant. Dani retired as a lieutenant. Nine months later Dani gave birth to their son. It took awhile finding a name that fit.

They sat in the hospital after the baby was born. Maverick came a visited.
"God it looks like the baby pictures your grandma showed me of your dad." Maverick told Rooster as he held his grandson. Rooster chuckled. Maverick looked up at Dani.
"The kid got a name?" He asked his daughter. She shook her head no.
"Nothing really stuck out. But I wanted to run a name by you." Dani told her dad.
"Go on." Maverick spoke.
"I was thinking of naming him Nick." Dani said. Rooster looked at her in shock but smiled.
"After.." Rooster spoke. Dani nodded.
"Well I think that's the best name. Fits him too." Maverick smiled holding the baby.
"Hey there ya little duck." Maverick said to young Nick. Everyone laughed.

Bradley still worked as an active aviator. Becoming captain. Having two kills under his belt. He was an teacher at TopGun. Dani was so proud of him.

One day Dani arrived at the HardDeck to meet with Bradley and Maverick. Little Goose was with her.
Rooster and Maverick sat in the parking lot. Dani and Little Nick got out of the car and ran to Rooster. Maverick saw Carol run Goose that day they arrived to California. Rooster picked up Little Goose and they walked to the HardDeck.

Dani and Maverick watched as Rooster had his son sitting on the piano as he played. Maverick watched as Dani got up and walked over to Rooster. He sat her on his lap as he played the keys on the piano.
"Rooster ya big stud." Dani leaned her head on his shoulder. Rooster smiled.
"That's me hunny." Dani kissed his cheek.
"Take me to bed or lose me forever."she smiled as she whispered. Bradley finished the song and looked at Dani.
"Then show me the way home." He smiled.

Maverick watched them. He felt like he was back in 1986. He wished Ice were here to see them. He wished Carol and Nick could see there son. See there grandson. But he knew somewhere they were watching. Penny walked behind Maverick and hugged him. Maverick was where he belonged.