𝗗𝗢𝗚𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 --✈︎

Dani sat at her trailer, working on her bike. She saw that damn blue bronco pull up. He walked over to her. She sat looking up at him. He removed his aviators.
"Hi." He said. Dani smiled.
"Well Howdy." Dani said making fun of the little southern accent he picked up from Carol. Bradley smiled.
"You ain't gonna give that up, huh." Bradley squatted down. "I'm sorry about the other day." He said seriously. Dani chuckled.
"I don't know what your on about but apology excepted." Dani smiled. Bradley shook his head.
"That damn smile." He laughed. "Always that damn smile."
"Can't help it, family charm." Dani joked.
"I guess." Bradley smiled.

"Maverick." The lady smiled. Maverick smiled then faded to worry.
"It's come back?" He asked. The lady's head fell.
"No one knows." She said walking him in the house.
"There's nothing else they can do?" Mave asked.
"Even speaking is painful now." She answered.
"Sarah, I'm so sorry." Maverick hugged her. She walked Maverick to Iceman's office.
"Admiral." Maverick stood at attention. "How's my wing man?" Maverick took a seat. Iceman typed on a computer.
"Want to talk about work?" Iceman asked. Maverick shook his head no.
"Please, don't worry about me." He looked back to Iceman. "What can I do for you?" He asked. Iceman pointed to the computer with the type. Maverick sighed.
"All right." Mave chuckled. Well, rooster's still angry with me about what I did. Same with Dani. I thought eventually they would understand why. I hoped they'd forgive me." Maverick informed. Iceman typed, while Maverick watched.
"There's still time." Iceman typed. Maverick shook his head.
"The mission is less than three weeks away.The kids are not ready." Maverick said. Iceman typed again.
"Then teach them." Maverick swore he could hear the voice of his old friend while he read the screen. Maverick shifted.
"I don't think they want what I have to give. Ice, please, don't ask me to send someone else to die. Please don't...Don't ask me to send either of them. Send me." Maverick said.
"It's time to let go." Iceman typed.
"I don't know how." Maverick said. Maverick held back his tears. "I'm not a teacher, Ice. I'm a fighter pilot. A naval aviator. It's not what I am. It's who I am. How do I teach that?" Maverick asked. "Even if I could teach it, it's not what rooster wants. It's not what Dani wants. It's not what the Navy wants.
That's why they canned me the last time. The only reason I'm here is you. If I send them on this mission, they might never come home. And if I don't send them, neither one will never forgive me. Either way, I could lose them forever." Maverick sighed. He looked back at the screen. "I know. I know." Iceman stood up, Maverick followed. Ice coughed.
"The Navy needs Maverick." Ice said in a horse voice.
"The kid needs Maverick." He talked about Bradley.
"Your kid needs you." He talked about Dani. "That's why I fought for you. That's why you're still here." Ice said. They hugged.
"Thank you, Ice, for everything." Maverick said. They broke the hug.
"One last thing. Who's the better pilot? You or me?" Ice asked.
"This is a nice moment. Let's not ruin it." Maverick chuckled.

Dani got a text from Maverick. It said to wear sports cloths and meet at the HardDeck. Dani hopped on her bike and drove to the HardDeck.

Once she got there everyone filed in. There Bradley stood in a Hawaiian shirt, tank, and jean cargo shorts.
"Can't get rid of those damn shirts." Bradley turned to her smiling.
"Nope." He said piping the "p". Dani chuckled. He looked at her outfit. Black tee with bike shorts. He was removed from his daze when Phoenix talked.
"So anyone know why we're here?" She asked. Dani shrugged her shoulders. Then out of no where Maverick showed up.
"We are here to play Dogfight Football." Maverick smiled. Dani smiled hearing of the game. She remembered watching her dad play on the beach. He walked them down to the beach.
"The goal is to play offense and defense. Like a dogfight." Maverick explained.