Isaa's eyes darkened as his eyes skimmed lines on the paper. He drank every word that was on the papers, thinking over and observing it. A doctor in him was not prepared for the world. He had battled so many things but battles as such were not meant for him, yet still he dove neck deep into what his deceased brother was doing only to assist the man that stayed back to guide his brother. Isaa was doing all of it because he was indebted to Fayd for taking care of Adil in his absence. The mention of Adil churned his guts and he wanted to break down in tears. That little brother of his deserved the world.

"Adil got himself this case, hadn't he?" Isaa looked up at him, a bit shaken. Fayd opened his mouth to say something but his betrayed him resulting him in nodding no. Adil was forced into it. Adil just wanted to do better than he already had.

"He was served on a platter, your brother couldn't say no." Adil could have said no, except he didn't want to. He wanted to venture out with the case on his own. He wanted to know what solving a case felt like. He wanted to know what it felt like to be trusted by upper heads. Isaa would have wanted to know more had the writings on the paper disturbed him that much.

"Why are you sending Sayrah back to Pakistan, you all started this together."

A muscle clenched near the valley of his neck as he ticked down the things he had wanted to complete for the day, "Yes," He went silent as though his words died at the base of his throat, "We all started together and now I'm planning on continuing it alone because one died and another didn't have to be here just because she wants to be there for me. Nor do I need you here." He gutted out once he was done calculating his words. He expected the blow to hit Isaa's gut and lord, did it do.

"You are disgusting, do you know that? And even your nephew will know you're doing this for her if he sees the way you look at her." Isaa spat out, standing up from his chair and ready for a fight. He was going to let it all out. Diligently or not.

Fayd did what she hated the most about him. He chuckled. He chuckled amidst the heated argument, "Everything is not about her." He backed off because arguing with him was the last thing he could afford with the limited time he had gotten.

"This is about her. You know it." Isaa answered back– getting hyper. He did not leave the hospital and join their bureau to listen to his crap. Adil might have had the patience to deal with him but Isaa gave no fuck.

"I know. Everything in my life is about her," He answered. His voice low and trembling and, "Whatever I have in my name is hers." Fayd was brazen when it came to his love– when it came to loving his love even though he wouldn't really feel it. He was and Isaa was beginning to hate that about him. Because one, he was taking Sayrah's feeling was taken for granted and two, his dead brother's efforts seemed to be in vain.

"Why did you fly away. Your actions make no sense to me at all." Isaa smoothened the paper, folding it and pushing it down his trousers' pocket.

"I wish I knew the answers. I was just stupid." But not enough to continue doing what he was doing once all that rampaging would be over. He would move on from his old profession to do something more simpler and mediocre. He wanted that healing life now that he had enough scars to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Fayd walked around in his brother's study, studying the things Ahsan had preferred to keep in his home office. It was simple yet more informative. He had books, folders, newspaper cuttings and a corner for refreshments. Fayd heaved out a sigh in pleasure, having found the coffee capsules lying inside the drawers just below. The coffee machine blared to life, grabbing the other man's attention from his phone. Fayd turned around to glance at him before turning back to the coffee machine, for the dripping intrigued him. Most things did considering a homeschooler had nothing much to do with life.