- 3 -

Lilly was the first to run to Cosmo, who was now bedridden. For the first time since he's gotten sick, Wolf saw the redhead's eyes light up upon seeing her.

"that really you?" He asked, struggling to sit up.

"hi Cosmo," Lilly whispered and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"my sweet, sweet Lilliana." He cupped her face, smiling weakly. "you grew up beautiful."

She smiled warmly. "it's Lilly now."

"hey Cosmo." Albert greeted as he and Race approached their former leader, standing behind Lilly.

"how's it goin'?" Race asked softly.

"could be bettah."

Wolf nudged Jack, who stood behind the three newsies as they talked with Cosmo. He watched Lilly, who was just as close to him as he was, keep a bittersweet smile as the once-buff redhead recalled his memories with the newsies.

Jack shook his head. "I can't." He muttered, taking off his cap. "I's 17 and I ain't even done much foah tha newsies compared ta him. How can I face him?"

"Jack, ya lead a strike and had not jus' newsies- but every workin' kid in New York behind ya." Wolf reminded, in which he nodded. "the way you got all a' dose kids ta trust ya is so much moah than anyone can do."

"but foah tha newsies, I-" He shrugged and let out a nervous laugh.

"what do ya do now?"

"I still woik foah Pulitzah; I's a newspapah illustratah." He simply replied.

Wolf crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows while nodding. "an' foah the newsies?"

"do the best I can ta finally put food in the kitchen an' more clothes on they's back."

"did ya not jus' heah yerself?!"

Jack slightly turned his head to look at Cosmo, who couldn't keep a goofy smile off of his face as he chatted with Lilly, Albert and Race.

"look how happy he still makes 'em." He held out a hand, motioning to them. "I can't even compare ta him."

"yer right, ya can't." Wolf put a hand on Jack's shoulder, who then turned his head to face him. "you ain't Cosmo, yer Jack Kelly. Now, we picked you foah a reason an' ya prove ta us everyday that we made a good choice."

"thanks Wolf." He approached Cosmo and sat down on the other side of his bed. "heya Cossy."

"Jack," He breathed out with wide eyes. He placed a hand on his head and weakly ruffled his hair, making him chuckle quietly. "'Hattan lodge still standin'?"

"yeah,"

"I heard yer time as leadah is ovah." Jack eyed Race, who motioned to Albert. Apparently he had been overly excited for his best friend, who was Jack's second in command, becoming the new leader of Manhattan that he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"we's all relyin' on Racer now."

From the corner of Wolf's eye was Harley, who studied every single detail of the house. She was fascinated by practically everything. The colour of the wall, the bookshelf that was above the fireplace, the fireplace...