Chapter 32: Prison Break

Start from the beginning

"I just don't want you to forget who were talking about." Leonard got up and coming out of your thoughts you went with him through the gate.

You stole two guards outfits, one for you and one for Leonard while Sara played the dead body covered by a white sheet which you guys were "taking to the incinerator."

"So how does it feel to be dead again?" Leonard asked Sara leaning down.

You nudged Leonard with your elbow. "Oh, stop it" you told him. After what you had seen during that one practice with Sara and Kendra you knew she had a past that she struggled with, and you wouldn't stand for Leonard making fun of it.

Sara just simply responded with "take the next left."

You were suddenly met with a guard.

"You can't be down here comrades" he told you guys. You and Leonard looked at each other. 

"We were ordered to take this corpse to the incinerator" you said.

The guard looked at you warily and started to lift up the blanket to look but Leonard quickly stopped him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Dr. Vostok used him for one of her smallpox weapons trials." Leonard trailed off a little bit seeing in the short distance two guards escorting a badly beaten Ray and Mick. You also saw this and looked at Leonard who quickly recovered.

"Highly contagious" he said. You gave a quick nod to the guard agreeing.

The guard nodded his head too and let you pass. Quickly you guys made it to a secluded area where Sara uncovered herself.

"Alright this duct should take us to solitary. We get to stein-" Sara started eagerly wanting to get a move on before Leonard interrupted her.

"Yeah, I'm not going" he stated plainly. Really you shouldn't be surprised. This is what it was like working with him.

"That's the plan" Sara said looking confused.

"That's Rip's plan. My priority is Mick." 

You suddenly remembered you had Ray's Atom suit and after seeing them both being escorted down the hallway you knew they must be together. You had to get it to him.

Sara looked at you beginning to tell you "let's go" but you stopped her. 

"I'm going with him" you said giving her a guilty look. "I have to, Ray..." you started. 

"Fine. Forget it." She said cutting you off. "So much for your code crook" she looked at Leonard before angrily walking off.

"Anytime assassin" Leonard gave you a nod signaling for you to follow in the other direction. As you were walking a thought came to you. Leonard was the one who gave you the suit. Did he want you to go with him instead of Sara? Did he plan that too?  

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBy the time you arrived at the cell Leonard had gotten a little bit ahead antsy to get to his partner.

"You call that a flame?" Leonard said looking into the cell.

You walk up behind Leonard to see Mick standing there with a lighter. You figured if he could burn down the place he could. You didn't blame him. You would have the same thoughts.

"Ah nice costumes" Mick said as Leonard opened the door to the cell.

"Got one for you too" he tossed a bag to Mick with a uniform in it.

You rushed over to Ray who way laying down on the bottom bunk. You sat slightly on the edge of the bunk. 

"Ray!" you whisper shouted nudging his arm a bit. He didn't respond. You tried again. "Ray! I have your suit it's time to go!"