Recovery Road

Henry was waiting at home with his Nana for his parents and twin brother and sister to return home from the hospital. She hugged her great-grandson. "They are going to be home soon, Henry. Let's bake some cookies. By the time, the cookies are done your parents and baby siblings will be home." she knows Henry has a hard time from being away from Emma.

At the hospital, Victor was examining the babies who were wailing. Emma and Killian were hugging hated seeing their babies in pain. "Emma, Killian, Hope and Ian are starting to heal. Just keep them comfy as possible. They are going to be in pain for the next few days."

"Can they wear shirts over their tummies?"

"For the first few days just wrap them in blankies. Shirts and knitted wear will be painful for them."

Hope cried more. Emma scooped her daughter in her arms. "Hopey, we are going home. Shh...shhh." Hope stops crying.

Killian Jr began crying. Killian goes to his son. "Little lad, Dada is here." He holds his son in his arms. "We are going home son." Ian looks up at his Daddy and stops crying. Killian smiles at his son.

As Emma sat in the back, Killian was driving his family home. Both twins were fussy. "We are almost home, sweeties. I know you want to take off your blankies because your tummy's hurt." He parked the car. "We are home." He takes Ian out as Emma took Hope out of the car.

Ruth sees her granddaughter and grandson-in-law with the twins. She opened the door, for her granddaughter and great-grandchildren. "Hi, Emma." She takes Hope from her. "Hi, Hope."

"They are both fussy."

"Aye in pain from their surgery. They do not like layers on their tummies."

"Let's take them upstairs."

"Mom!"

"Hi, kid." She hugged her son. "How was last night?"

"Nana is fun. Can I hold Ian?"

"Lad, we need to calm down Ian and Hope. They are not happy at the moment."

"I can help." He went upstairs.

Ruth and Killian carried the babies to their nursery. Emma undressed Ian and Ruth undressed Killian Jr. "You are all better now, that you have clothes off." Hope smiles. She kisses her daughter on the cheek. Ian stops crying. She faces her son. "Ian, you are happy too!" Killian Jr coos. She faces both of her twins and letting them grip her fingers. Ruth smiles at her granddaughter with the great-grandchildren's babies. "Yes, we are home babies."

Henry carried his book to his brother and sister's nursery. "Henry has his storybook. Do you want him to read a story to you two?" Killian Jr coos.

"Can the twins lay down on the rug. I can face them easier sitting down as I read."

Killian enter the nursery, "How about your Mom and I hold your brother and sister on our laps on the floor so they can face you and your storybook lad?"

"Good idea, Dad." Hope makes poop.

Emma chuckles. She hands over Ian to Killian. "Story time after a diaper change." She changes Hope's diaper.

Killian sits down on the carpet with Ian on his lap. "Ian? Which story should Henry read to you and Hope?"

Henry faces his baby brother. "Ian, which one should I read? Snow White and the Seven Dwarves? Beauty and the Beast? Captain Hook?" Killian Jr and Hope both made sounds.

"Kid, looks like Hope and Ian want you to read Captain Hook."

"Aye maybe they know my special hand is a hook?" Ian gripped his Daddy's hook and chews on it. Killian chuckles.