011

Two More Days til Confrontation

-Unknown Location, Midnight, Sunday-

Anthony slowly hummed the tune of a song to no one in particular, sawing away at the lifeless body laid out on the table in front of him, blood splattering all around his surroundings, staining the white rain-coat that clung to his muscular frame; the guts and intestines of the now deceased woman spilled out with an oozing sound, reminiscent to the sound of blood exiting an open wound.

If there was anything certain about Anthony that anyone could agree with, it was the fact that this was no man, this wasn't a normal human being that shared the common traits that everyone, no matter the skin color, gender, or background, shared such as a moral compass, a general sense of empathy and emotional awareness, something that almost everyone on the planet with a fully functioning brain shared. Except for Anthony.

There's no word to fully describe him, words like 'monster' and 'psychopath' wouldn't do him and his long list of vile crimes any justice.

The only semi-accurate description of the man came from one of his numerous victims, the woman he'd kidnapped after mercilessly slaughtering her entire group of friends, and went as so.

"He's nothing like a man," She'd thought to herself, watching him slowly exhale and inhale in his deep sleep, 10 feet away from him, chained to a wall. "There's nothing human about him- it's like a monster hiding behind the skin and bones of a human, using good looks and his natural charm to lure you into a false sense of security, before devouring you whole, and licking his lips afterward, to say 'what's wrong with that?'"

Which made him one of, if not the most, dangerous man on the planet.

________________________________________________________________________________

-Tony's Apartment, 1:30 PMPM, Sunday

Liam leaned against one of the free walls of Tony's office space, allowing Layla to take the chair which she then scooted right next to him, kicking her feet out and placing one over the other, her hands clasped together and placed firmly between her thighs, sporting a darkened expression that came from a place of irritation, which he also shared.

"Alright, are you finally ready to show us what was so important, that you took us away from our very exclusive reservations at Dara's Pizza Parlor?" asked Layla, who didn't bother making an attempt to hide her visible annoyance.

"I have good news, and I have bad news."

"Alright, well what's the good and bad news? Did you find out his identity yet, or not?"

"That's actually what I was about to tackle first. Bad news, I haven't found his identity, the most I've been able to find is when he killed all of those girls and the fact that he left one alive and dragged her away, but I managed to find out where he was heading, and the apartment complex that he went inside of."

"Okay, that sounds like pretty good news to me," says Liam. "So what's the bad news?"

"I still haven't managed to figure out his identity-" Two loud groans erupt from the teenagers, cutting him off, Tony rolls his eyes and waits for the two to be done before continuing. "-That's mainly because it's not as simple as, this person lives here so that means that they must be the killer, because two of them live in the same building, and just a few floors away from each other."

He typed away at his computer screen, bringing up two images of one Anthony Cunningham, and a Michael Edwards, both of them working in the same office department; one having strikingly wavy-blue hair, and the other having slicked back black hair. "I believe...that one or the other is the Banshee killer."