III. TO X MAKE X A FRIEND

Start from the beginning

Without warning, her head craned back at an unnatural angle as she crushed the drink in her hands, watching as the juice spilled down her hands and onto the cold concrete. It was the same motion she had made in the elevator. Tonpa gasped in shock as the girl's head snapped back to face him.

"What the..." He muttered annoyed before coughing loudly, "Oh dear! How could that have happened? Here you can have mine! I'm not thirsty anyways!" He put back on his false persona as he offered the female another drink. She didn't respond just looked at her sullied hand before turning away.

Killua eyed her curiously, wondering what could've caused that behavior. He brought the drink to his mouth before wincing in shock at the familiar texture.

Tonpa had put a flavorless, and probably odorless laxative in the juice. Inexperienced people probably wouldn't tell the difference, but the laxative and the juice aren't soluble and the laxative is a little denser than just normal juice.

Killua smiled. He just thought of a really hilarious idea, "Hey! This juice is really good! Thanks, old man!" He grinned as he chugged the drink, internally laughing as an obvious shit-eating grin made its way onto Tonpa's face.

"No problem! Talk to you later!" He skipped off as Killua went to resume chugging the drink, stopping as Kamine's hand pushed the drink away from his mouth.

"I don't think you should drink that youn-..." She paused biting her lip before continuing, "Killua." She muttered softly as the boy eyed her curiously.

"How do you know the drink is poisoned?" He questioned looking up at the girl as she frowned, not responding. "Is it one of those "visions" you mentioned?" He deduced remembering her words as flashbacks of the girl sprawled out against the bathroom floor covered in her own blood ran through his mind.

She paused, hesitating for a moment before nodding, "When I grabbed the can I got this immense feeling of pain in my stomach and the feeling that I had just thrown up. It was only for a brief moment but the feeling was really intense." She whispered, too shy to raise her voice as the boy nodded.

"Sounds about right, this drink's got a strong laxative in it." He hummed before sipping the drink again.

"If you know about the laxative, why are you drinking it?" Her eyes glistened in worry as she tugged on the boy's shirt to stop him.

"Kamine, you should know me well enough to know that poisons don't work on me." He gave her a smug grin as he watched Tonpa eye them curiously, probably waiting for him to start getting sick.

"I do know you well enough." She frowned her grip tightening in worry as her eyebrows creased, "I know while that you can endure poisons you'll still feel the pain. You should be at full strength if you want to take the exam, there's no point in putting your body through this when you can just dump the can and move on."

Killua's icy-blue eyes met her's as he stared at her in shock. After almost dropping the can in surprise he frowned as he glanced into the girl's deep violet eyes. Even his parents didn't know he still felt moderate pain when being tortured, he just played it off as if it doesn't hurt him anymore. Yet Kamine knew it as if it was common knowledge.

"I'll be fine." He mumbled, turning away from the girl awkwardly as he found a comfortable seat against the wall. She shuffled through her bag for a bit before pulling out a bottle, it appeared to be a type of yellow energy drink.

"You should drink this instead if you're thirsty. It has electrolytes in it, it will help with dehydration." She offered as the boy took it begrudgingly. "Thanks." He mumbled.

The girl leaned against the wall before sitting down beside the boy, ghastly pale as he looked at her curiously. "Are you alright?" He asked the girl leaned forward as her face contorted in pain.