"as I was saying cortez mitchell and nyzhai bailey please come collect your baby" she said as she slammed the clipboard on her desk I got up out of my seat walking looking back as Cortez was still seated.

"well is you coming ?" I said looking back at him fidgeting with my fingers.

He didn't say nothing Jus nodded his head and walked up to the desk so we can pick out a baby.

"I want this one it look cute" I said looking at the baby In awe.

"nigga they all look the same fuck you on" he said looking down to me shaking his head.

"profanity!" ms.Berry semi- yelled looking at cortez handing us our baby. We walked over to Cortez desk.

"igh how dis baby shit gone work" cortez said rubbing on his temple looking at our baby in digust "bro on you that baby so fuckin ugly" he said laughing

"don't put stuff on my best" kace said joining into the convo with Kaiden not to far behind him.

"nigga this between me and my babymama fuck y'all want" Cortez said getting aggravated

"nigga always angry" Kaiden said sitting on top of Cortez desk poking our baby eye.

I popped his hand away "kaiden stop" i whined rolling my eyes at him handing the baby to Cortez.

he snatched the baby holding her in his arms looking at her "you damn sure don't get no looks from me" he said laughing hard like it was the funniest thing ever.

this was the most I ever seen him interacting.

•••

"and remember this is a partner grade!" ms. Berry said as the dismissal bell rang.

I was walking with the baby in my hand feeling somebody brush agaisnt me I looked back and there stood cortez.

"lemme get yo ten" he said taking my phone out my hand putting it up to my face as it unlocked putting his name in saving it as " cortez 🖤 "

"I don't even like giving people emojis hope you know it's getting changed later on" I said snatching my phone from his hand watching as he shrugged his shoulders "ima call you later and when I call answer" he said licking his lips

I walked out down the hallway leaving out the school seeing my mama car in the line. I rushed to the car cause holding this baby was embarrassing I should've gave it to Cortez. I climbed in the passenger seat putting my bookbag between my legs holding the baby in my lap.

"oh hell nah you ain't finna bring no whining ass baby in my house why your partner ain't take it" my mama said side eyeing me as she pulled out the school.

"cause mama he so rude he was calling the baby ugly I don't trust him with the baby" I said huffing to myself.

"nyzhai I don't give a fuck I'm not finna be coming home to no crying ass baby everyday after I get off work" she replied back to me as we sat at a red light.

"trust I got this i got experience" I said popping my invisible collar looking over at her.

"yeah okay let's hope babysitting all yo daddy kids pay off with this baby" she said as she drove into chickfila drive thru pulling up to the speaking looking over at me whispering " what you want "