Chapter 23 - Ex-girlfriend

Harry's POV:
I'm sitting in a coffee shop in Diagon ally with Narcissa Malfoy, while Draco slips off to by me something for Christmas, it looks as though he has suspiciously entered a shop selling quidditch supplies.
"He isn't wearing any glamours today," narcissa muses, "I worry when he is on his own.
"Me to," I say frowning out the window.
"The rings and necklaces you got him are beautiful," she says making me grin.
"I'm going to get him books too and maybe a cloak and boots," I muse, "maybe more high shoes?"
"Ah I think that's more of a present for yourself dear," she teases and I just know my face has gone pink.
"Perhaps just go all the way and get some stilettos,"'she teases
"Red shiny ones," I say making her laugh.
"His father would not be amused."
"Yes that is true, I don't want to give him another reason to hate me," I laugh and she frowns.
"I'm sure he will warm up to you once he realises how happy Draco is, even if he does hate everyone."
I shrug and she pats my forearm tenderly as Draco comes back through the door now followed by Hermione, Ron, George and rather awkwardly Ginny.
"They made me take them to you," he says sulkily sitting next to me.
"Oh yeah, I don't think anyone can make you do anything," I tease affectionately taking his hand and kissing his pointy cheekbone.
"Mate we knew you'd be here when we saw Draco," Ron laughs taking a seat at the table.
"Mother, this is Ron Weasley, George Weasley and Ginny Weasley and this is Hermione Granger," Draco says curtly, "everyone, this is my mother."
She smiles looking rather uncomfortable.
"Pleasure. I must say I am so happy you are all friends now."
Hermione smiles widely and George claps Ron on the back.
"So have you been having a good Christmas break so far?" Hermione asks us.
"Yes, it's been lovely having Harry stay, especially as father now has someone else to direct his criticism towards," Draco teases and I roll my eyes.
"They have been having a wonderful time. Naked in bed together till half ten this morning, terrible," his mother says teasingly making Draco roll his eyes and tut.
"Ooooo Get some Harry," George jokes getting a death glare from Draco.
"Disgusting. I truly feel very sorry for you Mrs Malfoy. I have had to be in a dorm with them and it is horrible," Ron says and Draco turns his glare to the younger Weasley.
"You shouldn't be so homophobic," Draco snaps.
"Trust me mate, no one wants to see you getting felt up, by another bloke or otherwise," Ron says getting a whack from Hermione as she looks nervously at Draco's mum.
Narcissa turns to me with a raised eyebrow and I shift closer to Draco.
"I wouldn't be so sure, I don't think I'd mind a blonde," George says teasingly at Draco who scoffs.
"Yeah yeah, so much as look at him, see what happens," I say defensively making his mother smile widely at me.
"Dracos definitely rubbing off on you mate, you are much more possessive," Ron laughs.
"Well we know Draco was rubbing off on him last night," George laughs and I sigh.
It is very embarrassing that my family behave like this in front of his mother. But she seems to find it amusing as she gets up to get another coffee.
"When I said blondes. I meant your mother. Damn," George says winking at Draco and following her to the counter with his eyes.
Draco glares at him furiously, "how dare you she is happily married," he snaps making them laugh.
Ginny watches Draco closely through narrowed eyes but he completely ignores her.
"You coming for Christmas mate?" Ron asks and I shrug.
"I don't know yet, Narcissa has invited me to stay but I haven't said anything to Molly yet," I am unsure what to do. I want to make a good impression on the Malfoy's, Draco included but Molly has always looked after me.
"Maybe I'll come over Boxing Day if that's alright?" I suggest. Ron looks sad but nods.
"So boys, brought Christmas presents for each other yet?" Hermione asks and I nod winking at Draco.
"Am I not present enough?" He says with a raised eyebrow and I roll my eyes.
"You are more than I could have ever hoped for," I say making Hermione and George awwe.
"I should think so Potter," he says snootily pointing his chin in the air.
"I do hope I don't have to unwrap you in front of Lucius, especially as I like to play with my toys immediately," I tease making Ron groan loudly and Draco smirk evilly. Ginny rolls her eyes and George frowns at her.
"Dean is coming for Christmas too isn't he Gin?"
He says, "we were worried you'd be uncomfortable but if you aren't coming I'm sure you won't be but he is staying till Boxing Day."
"Don't be silly George, I wouldn't be uncomfortable. I'm happy for you Ginny," I say with a genuine smile, "Dean is a really great guy. I consider him a friend."
"Yeah and not a deatheater," she grumbles under her breath getting panicked looks from her brothers. I roll my eyes, too tired to actually argue with her again.
"Ex-deatheater actually," Draco says casually, folding his scarf up in his lap, "you may be familiar with the concept, it means no longer. Like how you are Harry's ex-girlfriend." He flicks his long hair over his shoulder and takes a sip of his coffee as Hermione chokes on hers. I can't help but snort, she was asking for it.
"No need to get nasty guys," Ron says holding his hands out defensively.
"I don't get nasty," he sneers flexing his ringed fingers, "nasty is my baseline."
"Not to me," I say fondly, rubbing his leg gently knowing that he can sometimes get upset about the past even though he can handle himself. He smirks at me cheekily.
"Not unless you ask for it," he says teasingly winking at me and taking my hand.
"Like you can't get me to beg for it," I smirk, his eyes shine cheekily and he bites his lip
Ginny storms off out of the café as Narcissa joins us again.
"Everything okay boys?" She says fondly frowning at Dracos sneer.
"Harry's ex is a bitch to me," he snaps rolling his eyes when his mother tuts.
"Harry is a strapping young man Draco, I know you are used to always being the best looking person in the room but Harry is going to get attention too," she scolds and he scoffs muttering something about still being the best looking person in the room.
"It's a good job I find your snarky attitude endearing," I laugh squeezing his thigh and getting a genuine smile.
"Ah well that's what relationships are about," Ron laughs, "loving someone flaws and all."
"Are you hearing this Hermione? I wasn't aware that we had any flaws," Draco says seriously, making Hermione giggle and nod in agreement.