Part V ( Caprice )

2 weeks later....

Fuuka and Junpei are more focused on the decision on hand and pretending Ryoji doesn't exist.

Yukari and Mitsuru have their decisions set : to fight for their fathers.

Akihiko and Ken also have their decisions set : to fight together until the end. Koromaru seemed to agree with them too.

It's Christmas eve today... Minako wandered the streets , going through every corner. She turned down Ken's offer and Yukari's offer for this. Wandering around, searching for a person that almost ceased to exist.

"Maybe if all this didn't happen... Maybe...", she said to herself.

She sat on the nearby bench, all alone by herself. There were couples everywhere, smiling, laughing, enjoying their time together. Ryoji wouldn't mind at all. They would spend this time together...

She saw someone with a yellow scarf pass by.

"Ryoji!", Minako called, and rushed to follow him.

She was lead to a dead end, with no one here at all. Was it an illusion?

"No..", Minako shook her head, "Why are you so unfair to me?"

He held his breath. He can't answer her. "It's not like that..", he mouthed.

She couldn't see him, because, well, he had to.

"I-I missed you so much.. I understand now why you said those things to me..", Minako continued. To onlookers, she might've looked insane, but she doesn't care anymore.

"I missed you too..", he mouthed," But do you miss me as much as I do?"

Minako brought out a pale blue scarf from her bag.

"See, Ryoji, we made this for you. Bebe taught me how to knit it. You know him, right? He's the kind French Japanophile with a funny accent in the home economics room. And it's color... it's very you...", Minako said, holding the scarf to the air. Other people may think of her as less sane.

"It's beautiful..", he mouthed, "But I can't accept it..."

"If you don't want to accept it, it's alright. I'll give it to you on New Year's eve..", she said, smiling before leaving.

"This heart aching, bleeding "

That night, Dark Hour

"Forget me...", he said, looking at the blood red color of the water.

"But... I don't want her to forget me...", he retorted. He was truly talking to himself, wasn't he?

As selfish it may seem, that was what he wanted. "Both...I want both..", he muttered to himself, hoisting himself up on the rails.

As far as he was concerned, he was only giving himself an headache.

"Minako..", he muttered softly, trying to stand on the rails, but, no, he lost balance and fell straight to the blood red water.

His clothes were stained with a blood red color. Ironic, he thought, he would suffer, no, he would experience this fate soon enough, whichever decision she would make, the end would be inevitable.

He could've saved himself from getting wet, by becoming thanatos , the harbinger of death. This cold, unmerciful being that would bring this beautiful, living world to it's destruction. And he was this thing, he was never supposed (or rather, he never deserved ) to be with these people, yet he..

"You really have tamed me, haven't you?"

The fated day comes.

"Have you made your decision?", Ryoji asks. An ominous silence fills the room.