Part III ( Sight )

Minako already had a hunch when Ryoji said something about "looking forward" to "enjoying" the hot springs, but they were still caught unaware.

She took a towel and twisted it to what would pass for a whip.

Ryoji's eyes widen when he realized what she would be doing.

"M-Minako-chan!"

*SMACK*SMACK*SMACK*SMACK*

When she stopped whipping Ryoji, he manage to (still) make a mischievous grin.

"Minako-chan, I-"

"W-we can explain!", Junpei blurted out.

"It's just a misunderstanding !", Akihiko said , fearful of what will happen next.

Akihiko was weak to ice in battle, anyway.

"Silence! I'll excecute you all!", Mitsuru raged.

Minako could've sweared that Mitsuru had an icy aura that she never seen, even in battle,when she summoned her persona.

And froze the offenders.

Junpei's eyes were still open, his face panic-stricken. His mouth was opened widely in shock.

Good luck on how to thaw that later.

As for Akihiko...

We won't talk about Akihiko's expression here.

Ryoji though...

Even though frozen in a block of ice she could've sworn that she saw that Ryoji still has that mischievous grin all over his face that is as bright as sunshine which could've caused the ice to melt.

If ice could melt that way...

(Later...)

"Are you fully defrosted now?", she asked.

"I'm ok. Thanks... ", he said, smiling.

"Want something warm?"

"You shouldn't waste too much time with me. You should look after Akihiko-senpai and Junpei-kun... because I don't feel anything..", he murmured, the last part barely audible to her.

"You must be numb from cold!", Minako said, worried. She quickly held his hand to feel if he was still cold. His hand was ice cold.

"I'll get some tea!", she said as she hurriedly went down to buy something hot, preferably tea.

"Why?", he muttered to himself. Even when he was dressed in his everyday clothes, he never felt uncomfortably cold, even when others were heavily bundled up.

"Just act normal and pretend.", he thought to himself.

"Hey, Ryoji-kun, drink this. It'll keep you warm.", Minako said, holding out a cup of steamy tea.

When he held the tea, he realized how cold he really is. The warmth of the cup was too hot, but not painful at the least.

He took a sip of the tea, and felt it's comforting warmth spread to his body.

"I thought I'd die from punishment..", he said , his expression seems that he was about to tell a joke.

"...But I still don't regret a thing!", he added, his mischievous smile all over his face.

Minako glared at him , her eyes burning with mixed emotions.

"Just kidding! I'm just kidding!", he said, and broke out in cold sweat.

"Do you think we're already done?"

"Going to Kyoto was fun. We visited a lot of new places, tried many food
and other things. Then we'd go to bed and wake up and do it all over again the next day. It was amazing ...",Ryoji said enthusiastically.

Minako, on the other hand, wasn't too entusiastic. Tired from last night's "excursion", she let Ryoji prattle on about the Kyoto trip until she let sleep take her.

What's this feeling?

There is warmth, like that of a small fire.

The azure color spread out everywhere. It feels very comforting, as if she should know this place.

Or rather, she should know this color...

"My dearest...", a voice said tenderly, although rather lonely , that it was impossible not to know who said those words.

It was ....

The sound of glass shattering.

Cold wind blows out the warmth that she felt earlier.

It's frigid, devoid of the warmth the place once offered.

The color of the surroundings never changed, but it seemed to look ice blue in her vision. Harsh, cold and unfeeling in contrast of the warmth and joy it offered a few moments ago.

Blood pooled on the floor and the ceiling.

The sickly green tint of the dark hour colored her surroundings.

The place became darker and darker until she was lost.

"It's my fault.
It's always my fault.
It will always be my fault."

A lonely voice resounded in the darkness.

Ice blue eyes , glowing in the dark, pierced through the darkness.

"My dearest.... I'm sorry.."

"Minako-chan? Minako, wake up ! ", a voice cut through the darkness.

"Um... Ryoji-kun?", Minako said, as if trying to convince herself.

"It's only a dream. It's only a dream...", she muttered to herself silently.

"Minako-chan, are you ok? Did you sleep well last night? You look... tired.", Ryoji said , sounding concerned.

He just couldn't understand what happened between yesterday and today that sapped her energy.

"Um... You bought a ring?", Minako said, looking intently on the thin silver band on Ryoji's finger.

"Assuredly I did. You're quite sharp!", Ryoji chuckles.

"Why a ring though?", Minako asked.

"I guess... it's a proof of the memories I made. I felt like I wanted a reminder of those times.", he said, smiling and tenderly caresses the ring.

"You know , rings are mysterious. It feels constricting, because it is as if you binded yourself to a memory..."

"I think I get it.", Minako answered.

Besides, she had a ring. The bead ring from the second grader Maiko, who used to play near the shrine.

Ryoji chuckled.

"This is my treasure. I hope I'll get more as life goes on... If I'm with you..."

"Nice try, Ryoji...", she said, as if she was convincing herself that her words were true.

"I didn't 'try' anything. It's just...", he trailed off.

"...Are you the one I've been waiting for all this time? I know you... I've known you for a very long time...", he mutters to himself, clearly distressed by this.