"Ah, shouldn't that door lead into the bathroom? But that can't really be, because the only door for the bathroom is in my room." 

Jay applauded wryly and said, "Thanks, Sherlock, I'll take it from here. It was bricked up years ago. Case closed." 

Sunoo lightly punched Jay in the arm along the lines of, 'Back off!' but grinned in amusement. I just shook my head, slightly miffed. 

Laughing, Joshua turned to me and said cheekily, "Well, you're safe from me then!" Heeseung frowned at him, as did the rest of the troupe. Their faces were really too good. 

Confidently, I replied, "If anyone should be careful here, it's you! I'm more dangerous than you think." I grinned smugly. Sunghoon added his comment as well. 

"When it comes to hurting yourself, you are definitely a master of brutality. Just recently, she flew down the stairs here." Yeah well, destroy my confident act!

I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah, it's okay, I'm a klutz and I get my ass kicked at least once a week. Are you sure that everyone has noticed this now? Yes? Well, I'm going to my room. Because I'm really tired and I just want to go to bed!" 

Jake said with a grin, "And with whom?" Why was everyone spouting off some kind of line today? Oh never mind, he had provoked it. 

I walked back down the hall to my room and called out to Jake, "Not with anyone shorter than 1.80cm." With that, I slammed the door behind me, laughing. 

"This time... I'M KILLING THAT GIRL!" was heard muffled from outside. I laughed even more and braced myself against the door to keep it from opening. It was pressed against it briefly, but then Jungwon could be heard laughing, "Jake, get out of there and let it go." Wooops, I must have hit a sore spot there. I was... so not sorry about that. 

Tired, I plopped down on my comfy bed and set an alarm, since dinner was later. Immediately I dozed off. When my personal asshole later then rang, I grumbled tiredly and turned it off. The hunger won over the tiredness. Did you know how shitty it was to lie lazily in bed and have the hunger of your life? I'm sure you did, right? 

I rolled out of my bed and reluctantly got up. I threw on a pair of sleep shorts and a soft gray oversized sweater. I went downstairs and pushed open the door to the dining room. There was no one at the table yet, except Joshua. 

Smiling, he said, "Well, I guess an angel woke up from her slumber." Sweet talk. One could lay it on too thick. He looked at me with a laugh and said, "Instead of a thank you, she just makes a disgusted face. That's funny, you have to get used to that too." 

Listlessly, I sat down in my default seat, which was 4 seats away from Josh. 

"Am I that terrible?" He asked, looking less than happy. 

Shaking my head, I replied, "No, no! This is just my default spot." Grinning, he got up and sat down next to me, in Hoon's actual seat. Hopefully, Sunghoon wasn't as much of a space fetishist as I was. Whether in a classroom, or on a bus, if I didn't get my usual seat, bad moods weren't far behind. 

Josh leaned over to me and asked bluntly out of nowhere, "Are you dating any of the guys?" Um, what? I blinked a few times and replied, "Not that I know of, but why do you even want to know?" He pulled one of his legs up and rested his head on his knee at an angle. 

"You'd love to know that now, wouldn't you?" He whispered as he looked deep into my eyes. Of course, I mean how long had I known him now and he was already blurting out a question like that. Why was he staring at me so piercingly. And why did he look so incredibly good? 

"Ahhh... yes want to know... uh I mean, I want to know." Barely managed my mouth. 'Pretty pathetic' my inner voice whispered to me. He had such beautiful eyes. He came closer to me and I couldn't move a bit, I was petrified. 

The door was suddenly swung open in a wide arc and a hyperactive Sunghoon shouted, "FINALLY FOOD." 

In shock, I pushed Joshua off his chair. "Oh, fuck! Sorry..." I muttered in amazement at myself. Oddly enough, this was the first time something like this had ever happened to me. Actually, I wasn't that clumsy. Groaning, Joshua stirred on the floor and Sunghoon held out a hand to him. 

"I told you she was a danger to herself and those around her." Joshua grabbed his hand and pulled himself up. 

"Oh, I'll put up with that." Murmured Josh. 

"Put up with what?" Hoon asked, raising an eyebrow. Dinner was being served and the others entered the room. Joshua walked bluntly toward the serving cart and eyed the delicacies.

"Well, that looks delicious!" Did the guy just icily ignore Hoon's question? Why was this guy so interested in me anyway? With all these questions in my mind, I sat down in my seat again and thought hard. 

Then after we ate, Joshua mysteriously leaned forward on the table and started grinning broadly. 

"So, I would be really happy if I could settle in well here, so I wanted to celebrate my upcoming birthday with you guys. You see, I'm turning 17 in a few days, would you guys feel like spending the evening here with me, even though we don't know each other that well yet?" 

"Ouh yess! Finally, it's someone's birthday again! I've been in a celebratory mood lately anyway! Aren't you guys?" exclaimed Sunghoon immediately. 

Heeseung frowned and commented, "You're always in a celebratory mood." to which Joshua just replied with a grin, "Well if that's the case, all the better! What do the others have to say about that?" 

Jay looked at him blankly and replied, "I'll rustle up a few bottles of Dom Pérignon and Chardonnay." 

Jungwon smiled too and said, "Well then, that's settled. Just leave the house to us that day, we'll prepare everything of course, right?" He looked questioningly at Sunoo, who then formed his thumb and forefinger into an 'okay'. 

Joshua smiled broadly at the boys. He was grinning even more than Hoon, something was a little strange about him. So Jay was a wine fanatic. Totally your typical vampire, with a fondness for classical music and wine. I had to grin for a second. 

Okay a birthday party with vampires and wine? I had never had a drink until now. Should I? That could be something.